• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Uploading frequency

Manos

Hi Folks!

How often do I need to upload videos?

I want to expand my channell from 20K to 100K

Thank you!

Manos

OP
OP
Manos

Manos

At TubeBuddy we do once a week! Really depends the channel type an audience! What is your current frequency? How are people responding :D

Hi, thank you for the response.

I upload once a week. I have a great retention rate 45-50% in 13-15 min videos and 50-70% in 7-9% videos. The likes are 99% and a few comments. However the channel is not growing. It goes too slow.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If you go to the Audience Tab in your Channel Analytics you will see your 'Average Views Per Viewer.' This acts as a bit of a weathervane in regards to how much content your current audience consumes. The higher you are above 1.0 the more your audience can withstand additional content. So for example if yours is a 1.6 or 1.8 then viewers are going back and rewatching content, meaning that you can likely put out more and it will get consumed without issue. 1.0 not as much.

Though it is worth noting that publishing a second video per week opens you up to a new notification audience and this will affect your average views per viewer.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If you go to the Audience Tab in your Channel Analytics you will see your 'Average Views Per Viewer.' This acts as a bit of a weathervane in regards to how much content your current audience consumes. The higher you are above 1.0 the more your audience can withstand additional content. So for example if yours is a 1.6 or 1.8 then viewers are going back and rewatching content, meaning that you can likely put out more and it will get consumed without issue. 1.0 not as much.

Though it is worth noting that publishing a second video per week opens you up to a new notification audience and this will affect your average views per viewer.

omg this finally makes sense to me - I always saw this in analytics and never quite understood the full meaning of it. At the moment I'm doing 1 video per week but my average views per viewer is above 1 on most videos so I guess I should up my game.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Manos

Manos

Thank you!

Great insight!

• Love

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
omg this finally makes sense to me - I always saw this in analytics and never quite understood the full meaning of it. At the moment I'm doing 1 video per week but my average views per viewer is above 1 on most videos so I guess I should up my game.
Nice! Very Happy to Help!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal

Wow, this is interesting. It's a piece I never knew about.

Gotta apply that whenever I get back into YT hah! xD

• Love

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

This is a great answer for the question here, because how often you "need" to post is different to each channel. Some channels content can be conusmed on a daily basis, sometimes daily might be too much and you might want to post weekly.
How often do I need to upload videos?

I want to expand my channell from 20K to 100K
I also find, the theme of your channel, the type of audience you have, and how much of your video it'self people watch will also define how much you can realistically expect to grow. There's no real set "x amount of uploads per week = x amount of subscribers" because it's human and organic. The more you post, will give more content, thus more chances to subscribe, BUT if you overwhelm your audience, you might not get that many subscribers anyway, and some niches are more forgiving than others as to how much the audience wants to watch, so what Stanley said above is pretty important for this as well.

• Love

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I do once a week - but I find that my channel does better if I do twice per week. Just don't have capacity at the moment to do twice per week

Reactions: Damon