• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Intro advice

Kryptonite

Hey everyone,

I'm really struggling to keep people past the first 30 seconds, even when I try to jump into the video/tips right away.
Does anyone have any tips or any resources where I can learn more about creating better intros?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is something I'm trying to improve myself (if you can share a screenshot of your audience retention graph that will be helpful) I'm actually investigating my audience retention graphs a lot more closely today

Here's some links that might help a little
Tubebuddy tweeted this link to an editing breakdown by logan paul's editor (ignore your opinions of logan paul himself, but you can't deny that editing is a large part of his success) View: https://twitter.com/TubeBuddy/status/1359683674967572486?s=20

Creator insider did a video on audience retention that was shared the other day on this forum that I'm about to watch.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8RT5w-QISY&ab_channel=CreatorInsider

It's one of the biggest challenges to be honest. It's easy to analyse keywords and adjust, it's easy to re-title a video, re-do your description, it's even easy to re-make a thumbnail, but you can't re-edit/re-record a video when you learn of how you can improve, all you can do is record a new video, and that's a long challenge of ever evolving, ever learning, and continuous experimentation in trying different approaches, then watching how those approaches effect your next video's retention.

I'm not the best at this, far from it actually, but I've been experimenting with BAAM right to the point from the beginning, and making sure there's something interesting going on ever 5-10 seconds. You could do something as simple as a zoom cut, and zoom out cut after certain sentences. You could try experimenting with graphic overlays, you could try meme-ing it up, or practice different vocal delivery approaches. Try it a little faster and punchier, or you might be too fast, in which case slow down.

It's definitely a tough one, so I'll be watching what others suggest as well, but try those links above because I'm definitely learning this one as well.

Reactions: WonderMonkey

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
One thing I've noticed about many YouTubers these days is that they use a lot of eye-catching images and catch but not too loud music in the background. The images can be things you're talking about where you show an image next to you to represent it. Like for example in the image below you mentioned fear. An image of a scared person might add some eye-catching interest to the video. Just an idea to try out.

Top-reasons-you-should-START-a-bullet-journal-THIS-one-habit-improved-my-life-YouTube.png