• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Keyword explorer daily limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narnacle

I have always used VidIQ until now but due to slight pressure from my streaming coach, I switched to the free version of TubeBuddy and I liked what I saw. When TubeBuddy offered me a 14-day trial shortly after, I was all about moving to the Pro plan afterwards. However, there is one thing that stops me now ...

When I look at the price list page of TubeBuddy, nothing is said about a limit on the number of keywords in the Pro plan. However, I have just hit a 500 daily limit. It is said that this is because of the YouTube API but the fact is that with VidIQ I have no limit at all on the number of daily keywords I search in their explorer.

It is also stated in your keyword research disclaimer that the tool does not use an API at all, so the notification is very contradictory ... My question is: Is it true that your pricing page is silent (and actually even falsely advertised) about a daily search limit? And perhaps more importantly: what do you do differently than VidIQ (and why !?)

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have always used VidIQ until now but due to slight pressure from my streaming coach, I switched to the free version of TubeBuddy and I liked what I saw. When TubeBuddy offered me a 14-day trial shortly after, I was all about moving to the Pro plan afterwards. However, there is one thing that stops me now ...

When I look at the price list page of TubeBuddy, nothing is said about a limit on the number of keywords in the Pro plan. However, I have just hit a 500 daily limit. It is said that this is because of the YouTube API but the fact is that with VidIQ I have no limit at all on the number of daily keywords I search in their explorer.

It is also stated in your keyword research disclaimer that the tool does not use an API at all, so the notification is very contradictory ... My question is: Is it true that your pricing page is silent (and actually even falsely advertised) about a daily search limit? And perhaps more importantly: what do you do differently than VidIQ (and why !?)
I'm in the same. I made a thread about a week ago asking about that daily limit. But Andrew said the reason behind it is that because of the growth during this pandemic, so it must be limited. You can read what Andrew said in here >> https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/37837/

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I don't have specific information on what is going on, but I know that there was a recent update by YouTube regarding access to tag/keyword data. The result of which is that TubeBuddy is going to have to start limiting the keyword research tool with the Pro plan. We are awaiting an update with a little more thorough information to come.

I am not as familiar with what VidIQ does so it is hard for me to try and 'sell' TubeBuddy over VidIQ (or the other options), especially considering I am going to come across as biased regardless. But I will say that I perused the market several years ago and just found TubeBuddy to be more user friendly, the data provided felt a little more accurate and the people here/the way they handled business felt more to my liking. Rob Wilson is a good guy, I've worked with him in the past and got nothing against those guys. I just prefer TubeBuddy.

I don't have specific information on what is going on, but I know that there was a recent update by YouTube regarding access to tag/keyword data. The result of which is that TubeBuddy is going to have to start limiting the keyword research tool with the Pro plan. We are awaiting an update with a little more thorough information to come.

I am not as familiar with what VidIQ does so it is hard for me to try and 'sell' TubeBuddy over VidIQ (or the other options), especially considering I am going to come across as biased regardless. But I will say that I perused the market several years ago and just found TubeBuddy to be more user friendly, the data provided felt a little more accurate and the people here/the way they handled business felt more to my liking. Rob Wilson is a good guy, I've worked with him in the past and got nothing against those guys. I just prefer TubeBuddy.
Also I am employed by TubeBuddy, should be clear about that

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal

I'm in the same. I made a thread about a week ago asking about that daily limit. But Andrew said the reason behind it is that because of the growth during this pandemic, so it must be limited. You can read what Andrew said in here >> https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/37837/

Status
Not open for further replies.