• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Multiple 100 Scores on TB Keyword Explorer but Not Ranking at all???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all! I'm a music producer from NJ that was looking for some help understanding keyword explorer scores & how it affects rankings. I'm very new to this whole thing so I'm very confused. I got a bunch of tags for my beats that are all (WHEIGHTED) all scoring 100 in my TubeBuddy keyword explorer, but when I use them I don't rank at all for any of them, why??? What am I missing? I thought that the higher your keyword score on tags the higher the possibility of ranking, I feel like that's how I've ranked on other separate keywords before even with them being scored much less than 100. I also got 95 overall SEO score from TB on them, but still i cant rank with any of the tags. What am I doing wrong, missing or misinterpreting? Obviously I'm not expecting for my channel to blow up overnight, I just want to try to understand what are some factors that could help explain why these high scoring tags aren't ranking at all. Any and all guidance will be infinitely appreciated. BLESS!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot (75).png
    Screenshot (75).png
    367.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot (74).png
    Screenshot (74).png
    314.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot (73).png
    Screenshot (73).png
    316.1 KB · Views: 122

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I looked at your most recent video and a couple things stand out to me here. You are on the right track with your SEO, but there are a couple issues that are holding back performance for keywords. Let's take a look at your most recent video:

"MY WAY" Instrumental Nuevo Trap Para Spotify x Instrumental de Trap Para Billboard (Prod. BUFO)

This title is not organized in a way that is going to benefit your SEO. The keywords should be at the beginning of the title and the more viewer-oriented info should be after. Since your keywords are heavily based on 'Instumental Nuevo Trap Para Spotify' that should be the beginning of the title. Personally I feel like you have crammed too much into this title (it is 95 characters, we recommend keeping it under 65). So if this were me I would title the video like this:

Instrumental Nuevo Trap Para Spotify | "MY WAY"

There are some similar issues with the description. You put your links at the top, this is prime real-estate for SEO purposes. You should have the actual description of your video at the beginning. The first 200 characters of the description are the most critical for SEO. But you also need the description to be organic. Currently your description is as follows:

instrumental trap listo para radio,instrumental trap listo para radio 2020,instrumental nuevo trap para spotify,instrumental nuevo trap para spotify 2020,instrumental nuevo trap para spotify 2022,instrumental nuevo trap para spotify 2023,nuevo instrumental trap para spotify,nuevo instrumental trap para spotify 2020,instrumental de trap para billboard,instrumental de trap para billboard 2021,instrumental de trap billboard 2021,instrumentales de trap billboard 2021 "MY WAY" Instrumental Nuevo Trap Para Spotify x Instrumental de Trap Para Billboard (Prod. BUFO)

This is called 'keyword cramming.' All you are doing is cramming in as many keywords as possible and YouTube sees this. It doesn't do anything for you. You need to write an organic and natural description which includes your most relevant keywords. For the purposes of this I am including an English version of what I would do if I were to write a description for this video:

"My Way" 2021 instrumental nuevo trap para Spotify produced by Bufo. This Instrumental de trap para Billboard unique track brings a soothing mix of R&B to your night, thank you for joining and giving us a listen!

This is really simple and rudimentary; I would personally target more keywords specific to the mood of the song, trap beats etc and then fill that in as more of an explanation in the description until I hit 200 characters.

The final issue plaguing your keyword ranks; You only have 7 views. That isn't enough for YouTube to really evaluate how well your videos stacks up against the competition. I know that sounds like a catch-22; how do you get views if you can't rank and how can you rank if you can't get views, but it isn't that bad. YouTube is going to share you out... it is super important that you focus on your data and make smart decisions. You want your CTR and AVD to be as high as possible. It is incredibly important to ensure that every impression counts. So keep experimenting with thumbnails and video (adding visual graphics may help improve watchtime). Improving these metrics improves the amount YouTube shares you out and everything begins to snowball.

• Love
Reactions: Bufo on the Beat

Narnacle

I honestly wonder about this too. Would you be so kind as to share the keywords here on which one you are trying to rank? The screenshots do not show the complete keyword. I'm going to figure it out for you in terms of keywords.

Kryptonite

This happens to me too. What I learnt is that there is much more than just keyword score when it comes to ranking.

First, understand that YouTube's goal as a platform is to keep people watching YouTube. As a creator, that means you want to create videos that people click on and watch. Thus, the real important metrics are CTR (Click-through-rate) & AVD (Average View Duration).

This also matters when it comes to ranking in search. The more people choose to click YOUR video & watches it when they enter a search term, the more it will help you rank in that search term.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
You channel isn't linked properly, so I can't look at it. But here is a common issue.

The keyword is one part of search and discovery, and search and discovery determine how you rank with a keyword. That said, a perfect keyword can't save a poor thumbnail. A perfect keyword can't save content an audience doesn't want to watch. And poor CTR and poor average view duration will pull your search and discovery ranking down very fast.

The idea is to give yourself the best possible chance to get boosted by search and discovery. That requires good keywords and good SEO, a good thumbnail that helps you stand out in the search/discovery recommendations, and content that people want to watch a lot of.

One of the best summaries of how to use keywords well comes from a recent post from @Damon:

OP
OP
Bufo on the Beat
I honestly wonder about this too. Would you be so kind as to share the keywords here on which one you are trying to rank? The screenshots do not show the complete keyword. I'm going to figure it out for you in terms of keywords.

thank you so much fam!!! I honestly didn't think anyone was gonna answer lol the main keyword I was trying to focus on was: "instrumental de trap para billboard 2021" I just typed it in the search bar on YT and what's funny is that I scrolled down and didn't see any of my beat videos, but what I DID see was my profile (my picture) appearing in results for folks to click on. When I included 2021 I appeared about 14 scrolls down with the wheel of the mouse, but when I take out 2021 I appear only 4 scrolls down with the wheel of the mouse, it makes no sense to me! I've never seen someone's profile appear in search results & not any of their videos. I don't even know what think anymore lol

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You can't figure out someone's channel keywords, it will have a different score. I know that because I have 2 pro TB accounts one for each channel, the score for one channel is not the same for other channel even you type the same keywords. I guess the reason is because the calculation is based on your unique channel's analytic. CMIIW

I honestly wants to know too about the in-depth calculation of the score.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I looked at your most recent video and a couple things stand out to me here. You are on the right track with your SEO, but there are a couple issues that are holding back performance for keywords. Let's take a look at your most recent video:

"MY WAY" Instrumental Nuevo Trap Para Spotify x Instrumental de Trap Para Billboard (Prod. BUFO)

This title is not organized in a way that is going to benefit your SEO. The keywords should be at the beginning of the title and the more viewer-oriented info should be after. Since your keywords are heavily based on 'Instumental Nuevo Trap Para Spotify' that should be the beginning of the title. Personally I feel like you have crammed too much into this title (it is 95 characters, we recommend keeping it under 65). So if this were me I would title the video like this:

Instrumental Nuevo Trap Para Spotify | "MY WAY"

There are some similar issues with the description. You put your links at the top, this is prime real-estate for SEO purposes. You should have the actual description of your video at the beginning. The first 200 characters of the description are the most critical for SEO. But you also need the description to be organic. Currently your description is as follows:

instrumental trap listo para radio,instrumental trap listo para radio 2020,instrumental nuevo trap para spotify,instrumental nuevo trap para spotify 2020,instrumental nuevo trap para spotify 2022,instrumental nuevo trap para spotify 2023,nuevo instrumental trap para spotify,nuevo instrumental trap para spotify 2020,instrumental de trap para billboard,instrumental de trap para billboard 2021,instrumental de trap billboard 2021,instrumentales de trap billboard 2021 "MY WAY" Instrumental Nuevo Trap Para Spotify x Instrumental de Trap Para Billboard (Prod. BUFO)

This is called 'keyword cramming.' All you are doing is cramming in as many keywords as possible and YouTube sees this. It doesn't do anything for you. You need to write an organic and natural description which includes your most relevant keywords. For the purposes of this I am including an English version of what I would do if I were to write a description for this video:

"My Way" 2021 instrumental nuevo trap para Spotify produced by Bufo. This Instrumental de trap para Billboard unique track brings a soothing mix of R&B to your night, thank you for joining and giving us a listen!

This is really simple and rudimentary; I would personally target more keywords specific to the mood of the song, trap beats etc and then fill that in as more of an explanation in the description until I hit 200 characters.

The final issue plaguing your keyword ranks; You only have 7 views. That isn't enough for YouTube to really evaluate how well your videos stacks up against the competition. I know that sounds like a catch-22; how do you get views if you can't rank and how can you rank if you can't get views, but it isn't that bad. YouTube is going to share you out... it is super important that you focus on your data and make smart decisions. You want your CTR and AVD to be as high as possible. It is incredibly important to ensure that every impression counts. So keep experimenting with thumbnails and video (adding visual graphics may help improve watchtime). Improving these metrics improves the amount YouTube shares you out and everything begins to snowball.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.