• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Is it worth it to post twice a week (back to back days)?

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
I've started to post on both Thursday and Friday since I read from somewhere that these are the best days to post so your videos get views during the weekend?
But is it bad since the days are back to back? Which days would make the most sense to post if you're doing it twice a week?

Cheers!

Last edited:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
This is a very niche-specific question. For example, gamers can upload daily without much issue. Many VLOGers can do the same and it doesn't hurt them. Size of channel and number of existing uploads can be a factor as well. If you only have 20 videos, getting more uploaded in order to have better playlists and additional content a viewer can "binge watch" may make frequent uploads regardless of spacing between them useful.

That said, you get the "new" boost when you post a video and many people suggest at least 1 day between videos to take advantage of that free boost and to give your audience a day or so between videos.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
people tend to spread out their uploads, like monday and thursday etc. I've looked at my best times to post, and monday is the worst, so I tend to aim for friday and sunday. Wednesday and saturday could also be something to go with seems the "new" label on content tends to have a 48 hour lifespan. I generally don't like posting too much next to each other because each video gets a window of 48 hours it seems, 48-72 hours, so my feeling is if you post something else within 24 hours, it can impeed on the out of the gate performance of the previous video.

Look into your analytics for your demographic. How old are they and where are they from? My biggest audience is America, India and Portugal so I try to get all 3 time zones in my publish window.
If your audience is mostly adults, then you have their lunch break, and after work/after dinner period to get them watching, or in the morning afternoon when people travel to and from work. Adults are probably less likely to watch on weekends because they spend time with their families, going out to do shopping etc, so try and publish when they are at the computer and have time to watch videos.

If your audience teenagers or maybe university aged students, you basically have lunch time and end of the day to get them on YouTube, but remember people going to school have homework and assignments, so your best option is to post on the weekend to get them when they're free

Then you put that into which country they're from, so if it's india for example, Publish when it's around 11am or 5pm in India on a weekday, or any time on a weekend, so long as it's during the day. Then just apply that theory to whatever region is the dominant region in your audience.

WonderMonkey

TubeBuddy Pro
If you audience tends to subscribe to channels that are also updated frequently, or on the days that YOU update, then you will fall off their "first-page". That page is when you see the bell in the upper right-hand corner and you click on it to see what's new. Just like search engine result pages, being on that "first-page" will get more clicks. On my personal page where I subscribe to all kinds of things, I get too many notifications and generally don't scroll all the way through them.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
Varjopihlaja

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
Thanks all for the replies! I don't rave enough data for analytics to see actually when stuff happens (or doesn't) regarding my channel stats... I only know most audience is from America and I'm already timing taking that into account.
But based on this, I think I will move one of the day further away

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
As others have commented that you should analyze your analytics and then move accordingly.
Most people use to upload once a week when they are trying to produce quality content and a bit
long videos. Twice per week is also better but to decide the days to post, please analyze your
audiance.

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
people tend to spread out their uploads, like monday and thursday etc. I've looked at my best times to post, and monday is the worst, so I tend to aim for friday and sunday. Wednesday and saturday could also be something to go with seems the "new" label on content tends to have a 48 hour lifespan. I generally don't like posting too much next to each other because each video gets a window of 48 hours it seems, 48-72 hours, so my feeling is if you post something else within 24 hours, it can impeed on the out of the gate performance of the previous video.

Look into your analytics for your demographic. How old are they and where are they from? My biggest audience is America, India and Portugal so I try to get all 3 time zones in my publish window.
If your audience is mostly adults, then you have their lunch break, and after work/after dinner period to get them watching, or in the morning afternoon when people travel to and from work. Adults are probably less likely to watch on weekends because they spend time with their families, going out to do shopping etc, so try and publish when they are at the computer and have time to watch videos.

If your audience teenagers or maybe university aged students, you basically have lunch time and end of the day to get them on YouTube, but remember people going to school have homework and assignments, so your best option is to post on the weekend to get them when they're free

Then you put that into which country they're from, so if it's india for example, Publish when it's around 11am or 5pm in India on a weekday, or any time on a weekend, so long as it's during the day. Then just apply that theory to whatever region is the dominant region in your audience.

One thing I have wondered is if everyone in many niche is posting on Sunday and Thursday. Maybe posting Tuesday and Saturday could catch those that dont ahve content for those days. Thoughts?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
In the beginning, I uploaded as much as I could: three, four or even five times a week. Now that I have a backlog, I only upload once per week. Generally I noticed the best result when I left at least a day between uploads.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I agree with Damon... Post as much as you can without getting stressed but I would leave a day or two between them. Give them a chance to be suggested out as the newest video on your channel for a bit before you move on to the next video.