• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO High-ranking Keywords vs Captivating Titles

Fisspace

Greetings friends and fellow tubers!

Getting into the flow of consistent uploads on my channel and trying to grow my channel with SEO and such, I feel like a big issue for me has been using titles that are captivating while still optimizing my keywords.

For example, I'm currently doing a video series where I light-heartedly roleplay my character in Oblivion which I then edit to give it almost a goofy movie feel. When researching keywords I found the following 3

"let's role play oblivion" (currently 70/100)
"unconventional roleplaying"(currently 100/100)
"funny roleplaying gameplay" (currently 60/100)

The title I'm using for my videos are currently "Let's role play Oblivion - Funny unconventional roleplaying gameplay X" (with the X being the part in the series), which is 70 characters long.
I seem to be ranking for all my keywords, but the issue is that whilst I do feel like my titles accurately reflects what I'm going for with my videos, I feel like the title is a bit non-organic and it doesn't give any room for "flavour text" or more personalized descriptions of the video that might differentiate the different parts from each other, like describing a key moment in the video etc.

So I guess what I'm wondering is, how could I make my titles feel a bit more organic and less "keyword spammy"? Could it for instance be worth dropping the lowest ranked keyword, the 60/100 one, for more room to personalize the titles a bit and make them more captivating, even though it'd end up hurting my search ranks?

Thanks a lot in advance!

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
That's my personal dilemma lol. My ocd tells me that I have to reach the highest SEO score, but my other me wants my title to be much more accurate with my contents. Because of that, I have to choose in between, sacrificing title which looks like "keyword spammy" and get a better seo score, or getting the title that suits better and sacrificing the seo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fisspace

Fisspace

That's my personal dilemma lol. My ocd tells me that I have to reach the highest SEO score, but my other me wants my title to be much more accurate with my contents. Because of that, I have to choose in between, sacrificing title which looks like "keyword spammy" and get a better seo score, or getting the title that suits better and sacrificing the seo.
Yup! I ended up getting rid of the 60/100 in order to give the videos I've made so far some more personalized titles. Cause after all, ranking in search is redundant if the title isn't interesting enough for people to click on. Will keep an eye on my analytics to see if it'll make a noticeable difference in the CTR with the upcoming videos.

Also, I guess most my traffic is from browsing/external so to that end it also makes sense to have a more captivating title even if it means scrapping a keyword.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yess I get this problem too. I make 'what I eat in a day' videos but each one is so different and I don't want to call them all the same thing. I might try some with a slight variation e.g. 'full day of eating' or something similar.