• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Re-Release an old video

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Just a question..
If I go into an old video of mine that's previously been released, I am allowed to reschedule it for release again in the future..
Has anyone done this?
Will previous view counts and likes remain?

Just curious..

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Just a question..
If I go into an old video of mine that's previously been released, I am allowed to reschedule it for release again in the future..
Has anyone done this?
Will previous view counts and likes remain?

Just curious..
Do you mean re-upload the same video and deleting the old one ? Or you re-upload the video and still keeping the old one ?
If you re-upload the same video and deleting the old one, your views count, likes, etc on that video will be vanished even though in analytic it will still be there (if I'm not wrong), but your watchtime will decrease based on that deleted video. CMIIW

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Once it's been published, you can't really re-publish it. Not sure if making a video private, then re-publicing would actually do anything. You could always test it on a video that never performed well, has low views to begin with, and try it on that first.

Your better option would be to make NEW content that's a twist or differant take on the original. Depending on how old the original is you could probably produce a new version of it much better with new editing and new perspectives, and if that video performs well, you can put the old video in the end card with "if you liked this video, I have another video here that goes into more detail"