• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Other places to get free translations besides YouTube and Google Translate?

GracefulBeast

www.sergeipoluningracefulbeast.com
Subscriber Goal
Because a great many of my subscribers are not English speaking, I use YouTube's auto translator to translate my video descriptions to other languages. I also use Google Translate a lot as well for my descriptions, and when reading/answering comments that are not in English. I often hear from my international viewers just how bad/inaccurate the translations actually are. Does anyone know of a more reliable free (or not too expensive) way to translate?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I don't have an answer, but have the same issue. The challenge I have is exactly what you describe. You are either going to use a free/inexpensive system but not be able to trust the accuracy and quality or pay a professional service and get good accuracy but at a high cost.

Rev is the best paid service I use, and the YouTube auto translator is about as good as any other automated system on the market. There seems to be no reliable middle ground :mad:

• Love
Reactions: GracefulBeast

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Because a great many of my subscribers are not English speaking, I use YouTube's auto translator to translate my video descriptions to other languages. I also use Google Translate a lot as well for my descriptions, and when reading/answering comments that are not in English. I often hear from my international viewers just how bad/inaccurate the translations actually are. Does anyone know of a more reliable free (or not too expensive) way to translate?

We actually have auto translation in legend. However, to your point it isn't free it's hard to have good translations outside of google be free :/

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
One thing that can make a difference is to 'dumb down' the original captions/titles/descriptions for the purposes of translation. I write my titles/descriptions for an English speaking audience, but some jokes or turns-of-phrase get lost in translation. So I actually write a different title/description with shorter sentences and more generalized style. I do the same for my captions; I edit them to ensure they are correct but I will also simply the things being said for the sake of translation.

The quality of a free translation is not going to be good; might as well plan for that to be the case and keep it simple.