• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Our impressions and click rates suck! What do we do?

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Our impressions and click rates suck! What do we do? This seems to be one of the main reoccurring things on our channel and I want to switch this around! Any advice?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would honestly recommend 2 things. First, I would suggest checking out the YouTube Feedback section and requesting a feedback of your own. Once you follow the rules decide whether you want a video review or a channel review to see if maybe you can get a better idea of what exactly your videos are missing that could be hurting your analytics. Be very precise in what exactly you're looking for so that you can get the best answers from our members who might review it.

The second thing would be to check out our Feedback Friday even on our Discord where our very own Andrew Kan does live channel reviews for our Discord members. It's a great way to get some solid advice from someone with a lot of experience and knowledge on how to build and grow a channel.

Plus maybe someone with advice can respond here as well. I'm sorry but I'm still a novice when it comes to analytics.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Saying your click through rate sucks is one thing, but we have no real context into how much they "suck"
How many actual impressions have the videos gotten?

My main question is what's the actual demand for the topics you're covering? Are these videos that are actually being search or trending in your niche, or are you doing them just because you want to, and HOPE others will want to watch. I've had the issue where I've wanted to make content because I thought it was cool, with no real research behind it, just felt like it for the sake of making some content that intrested me. Then later discovered the topics themselves weren't searched for and just weren't interesting to my audience.

I'm also starting to notice a corrolation between impressions, and audience retention. search impressions are one thing, but suggested impressions are completely different. My gut tells me that suggested and browse impressions are effected by your videos audience retention and completion percentage. The lower the audience retention/completiton percentage, means that people weren't interested in watching your content to the end, so they left early in, telling YouTube that audiences aren't interested in watching, meaning they aren't going to recommend the video out further. This is the issue I'm having with my content, which can be improved with better video crafting.

If the audience retention is good, and search impressions are low, then it's possible that the topics you cover aren't searched for that much, or you need to consider a different approach.

My search impressions are decent, but my suggested impressions tanked in 2018 when there was a shift to audience retention being most important. My videos have poor audience retention, so thats why my suggested impressions tanked. Which means I have to make better more interesting videos. It's a tough craft to learn but you get better gradually over time.

HowIDoThingsDIY

For impressions, improve you SEO and tags. Better primary key words and use it in the descriptions. Then get your tags optimized with TubeBuddy.
For CTR, have a high quality captivating thumbnail and description.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Focus on your SEO practices and nailing that thumbnail - my advice is big, bold, clear text and wise choice of colours :)

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog