• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Tags with and without capitalisation

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I recently noticed that I could add the same tag with and without capitalisation. I'm sure this never used to be the case and I'm interested to know why I suddenly could.

For example my latest video is called "Beat Muhammad Ali On Hardest Difficulty"

Now I could copy that title and add it as a tag and also add a tag such as "beat muhammad ali on hardest difficulty.

Anybody else come across this, why would this be the case and does it have any benefits/drawbacks?

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I want to know also. As well as the order of the words in the tag, "steak cooking" and "cooking steak", do you need to put both to cover both ways that they may be typed into the search bar?

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I didn't realize about this. I just try it, and yes you can put the same keywords both with UPPERCASE and lowercase. But the keywords score is still the same. I wonder if there's any point to this uppercase and lowercase.

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I didn't realize about this. I just try it, and yes you can put the same keywords both with UPPERCASE and lowercase. But the keywords score is still the same. I wonder if there's any point to this uppercase and lowercase.
Probably not, as I beleive that in general upper or lower case makes no difference, try it in email address and a website address, no different..........
I'd still like to know about the word order, I suspect that yes, you have to put them in the order you want ,i.e. a seperate tag for every form that may be used to search the keyword phrase..

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I recently noticed that I could add the same tag with and without capitalisation. I'm sure this never used to be the case and I'm interested to know why I suddenly could.

For example my latest video is called "Beat Muhammad Ali On Hardest Difficulty"

Now I could copy that title and add it as a tag and also add a tag such as "beat muhammad ali on hardest difficulty.

Anybody else come across this, why would this be the case and does it have any benefits/drawbacks?

YouTube says it doesn't matter. I lowercase them because that's how YT looks at them internally. As long as you have phrases that support your title, and description like they say. You're fine :)

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
How I see it, IF capitalisation made a difference, then technically capitalisation would allow you to add the tag twice, but if you can't add the tag twice (YouTube's really good at deleting a tag you've entered twice so you don't waste character limits on double tags) so if it doesn't let you add it a second time, to me that would indicate that it makes zero difference.

Intentional misspelling however CAN make a difference. I'm learning this with the different ways to spell T Rex. There's T Rex, TRex, T-Rex, T.Rex, etc. That's where the smaller details make a difference.

Reactions: tropicthunder

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think there will be any effect in using both general upper or lower case tags.
But as @Beanie Draws said the misspelling will have an effect on using them. So,
just focus on the spelling of keywords and don't bother uppercase or lowercase tags.