• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube channel hrs going backwards

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Most likely they are killing bot/spam accounts that viewed your content. When they remove those accounts, they also remove all of their activity. So if they have "watched" your videos, they will remove those watch hours when they remove the bot account.

This is a frequent and common issue. It is much more visible when you are a small channel, but every channel experiences it.

Ritik Pandey

Recognized Member
How to ensure that my content is safe from soam accounts?
Most likely they are killing bot/spam accounts that viewed your content. When they remove those accounts, they also remove all of their activity. So if they have "watched" your videos, they will remove those watch hours when they remove the bot account.

This is a frequent and common issue. It is much more visible when you are a small channel, but every channel experiences it.

Reactions: JamesBoong007

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
How to ensure that my content is safe from soam accounts?
The only 100% effective way is to not have a YouTube channel :joy:

Seriously, it is a universal problem that impact everyone. There is an expression in English that "if you make something idiot-proof, the world makes a better idiot". Every time Google/YouTube develop a technique to combat the issue, they bad guys invent a new way to get around the block.

That said, it is worth being extremely aggressive with blocked words (a feature in YouTube Studio) for your comments. Since most of them are looking to SPAM your comments, banning the most common words and phrases helps to significantly reduce the problems.

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That may explain why some of my hours are disappearing, but hopefully they will remain on their uptrend. I don't understand why those hours don't disappear from the YT studio app analytics

Ritik Pandey

Recognized Member
The only 100% effective way is to not have a YouTube channel :joy:

Seriously, it is a universal problem that impact everyone. There is an expression in English that "if you make something idiot-proof, the world makes a better idiot". Every time Google/YouTube develop a technique to combat the issue, they bad guys invent a new way to get around the block.

That said, it is worth being extremely aggressive with blocked words (a feature in YouTube Studio) for your comments. Since most of them are looking to SPAM your comments, banning the most common words and phrases helps to significantly reduce the problems.
I never thought about this.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I've noticed my hour growth has slowed a little because my watch time from over a year ago is disappearing. Anyone else find that watch time is hard to grow in comparison to subs?

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I've noticed my hour growth has slowed a little because my watch time from over a year ago is disappearing. Anyone else find that watch time is hard to grow in comparison to subs?
My watch time rates are so random. My subs started shooting up once I hit 1,000. It more than doubled within a few months, but my watch time is still eh.