• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Finding keywords/tags first then title or the opposite ?

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I just made a thread asking about "tags in title & description" because the seo score is not 100. I know it's hard but I'm curious. And now I have another question.

In your experience, would you find keywords and tags first then decided about the title ? Or you made the title first then continue with the keywords and tags. If there's someone had their seo score to 100, I want to know your tips or tricks. Thank you.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I just made a thread asking about "tags in title & description" because the seo score is not 100. I know it's hard but I'm curious. And now I have another question.

In your experience, would you find keywords and tags first then decided about the title ? Or you made the title first then continue with the keywords and tags. If there's someone had their seo score to 100, I want to know your tips or tricks. Thank you.
My take, others may have a different process. Target keyword first, usually before I record. That shapes my title, thumbnail text and description. Then tags to help YouTube understand what alternate search phrases may be relevant to my video.

Reactions: tropicthunder
OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
My take, others may have a different process. Target keyword first, usually before I record. That shapes my title, thumbnail text and description. Then tags to help YouTube understand what alternate search phrases may be relevant to my video.
Thank you. With all the implemented SEO on youtube. I would be great to target keywords first. I learn that also from the SEO score when you wan to get the highest score possible, you need to include tag/keyword on your title as well

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Your title, is based on the TOPIC of the video. The topic of the video is your target keyword. Your keyword should be based on what people are searching. Tags support the main target keyword. The main target keyword is basically what your video is about.

Tags support the title, which should be keyword rich :)

OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Your title, is based on the TOPIC of the video. The topic of the video is your target keyword. Your keyword should be based on what people are searching. Tags support the main target keyword. The main target keyword is basically what your video is about.

Tags support the title, which should be keyword rich :)
Thank you. So this is like a "chain-reaction" events lol. Now I have a better understanding about this stuff. Again, thanks.

alipress

At first, I just try to find some good keywords relevant to my video niche. Then I select the main targeted keyword from them and used the others as tags and make my video title based on the main targeted keyword.