• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Tags in title & Description

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm a bit confused where is this exactly, because there are "tags in title", "tags in description", but also "tags in title & description". So, which one is "tags in title & description" supposed to be ? Thanks.

Untitled.jpg

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Sometimes I put it in the first tag or description. But sometimes I just randomly choose the tag/keyword that is suitable for the title. Which one is better ?
Best practices would be to include your keyword in your title, first 200 characters of your description and as a tag. The rule has always been as the first tag, but it feels like the order of tags isn't as important now days.

Still, I always make it my first tag because there is no reason not to.

Reactions: tropicthunder

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Is your target keyword (the main keyword you started with) in the title and in the first 200 characters of your description? Is it your first tag?

Ritik Pandey

Recognized Member
The target keyword needs to be in the first 60 characters of the title and be the first tag. It helps if you mention in the description too.

OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Is your target keyword (the main keyword you started with) in the title and in the first 200 characters of your description? Is it your first tag?
Sometimes I put it in the first tag or description. But sometimes I just randomly choose the tag/keyword that is suitable for the title. Which one is better ?

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Best practices would be to include your keyword in your title, first 200 characters of your description and as a tag. The rule has always been as the first tag, but it feels like the order of tags isn't as important now days.

Reactions: tropicthunder
OP
OP
tropicthunder

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal

Your reply makes me remember back when I was tinkering with html, if I'm not wrong, the google crawler always read from left to right and from top to bottom first. I just realize that omg, might as well re-arrange my metadata. Thank you.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Your reply makes me remember back when I was tinkering with html, if I'm not wrong, the google crawler always read from left to right and from top to bottom first. I just realize that omg, might as well re-arrange my metadata. Thank you.
Great! Going to lock the thread and mark your question answered!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Tag order USE To matter, but YT has made this less relevant!

Status
Not open for further replies.