• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Channel Tags Advice?

Chrissie

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So I have optimised tags for individual videos but there is no TubeBuddy assist when I go to channel tags.

Should I change the tags on my channel and if so what tags are best to describe a channel to draw more people to it.

Thanks very much.

Reactions: GracefulBeast

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Use keyword explorer to find high-ranking tags that describe your channel overall (versus a specific video) and use them as your channel keywords.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd use strictly relevant tags that relate directly to your niche. so for me, I have no problem using "art" as a channel tag, even though now days I wouldn't use it on a video tag because it's too broad, but on a channel overall it's pretty much to the point. And for the most part, there's no limits of how many channel tags you can use, so use a stack. Just make sure they're relevant.

I don't change the tags on my channel, I just expand on what channel tags I've already used.

OP
OP
Chrissie

Chrissie

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
And would you both say channel tags are just as helpful at drawing an audience to your YouTube as as well as individual video tags?

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
And would you both say channel tags are just as helpful at drawing an audience to your YouTube as as well as individual video tags?
Hard to gauge if they are "just as helpful" but they are helpful for sure and a no-brainer to do. Putting it the other way, why would you not do it if it increases your chances that someone finds you via search?

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
How many channel tags would you go with?
Well, they go back and forth with limiting them to 500 characters and unlimited. We seem to be in an unlimited phase at the moment. So as many relevant ones as you can add. As @Beanie Draws mentioned, he ads them as he needs to over removing them.