• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback IS THIS A CHEESY THUMNAIL

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
2020 youtube income.jpg

I don't like putting all this text and pictures in my thumbnail but a lot of popular people do this.. I look like a bum because it was like 3am when I took this picture

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Generally, it is good. You are right, you could look less tired in it, but oh well. Life happens.

I would consider blurring the background a bit more or cutting yourself out and using a neutral background. The doors are more of a distraction than a value-add.

Keep it up!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd need to know what the title is, but usually having green dollarsigns plastered everywhere is pretty cliche in "make money on youtube"

if the video is about how YOU made money, I'd focus more on something like "my 2020 results" or something like that.
Also, the photo is pretty washed out, and the background isn't the most inviting. You don't have to have the photo of the thumbnail be a screenshot from the video, you can take a whole differant photo for it, and I'm not a fan of seeing someone's doors in the background with a bright flash in the front.

but the contrast is fine in it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeff Goober
OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Generally, it is good. You are right, you could look less tired in it, but oh well. Life happens.

I would consider blurring the background a bit more or cutting yourself out and using a neutral background. The doors are more of a distraction than a value-add.

Keep it up!
Yeah I figured I probably should have like a blank white or red background or something

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'd need to know what the title is, but usually having green dollarsigns plastered everywhere is pretty cliche in "make money on youtube"

if the video is about how YOU made money, I'd focus more on something like "my 2020 results" or something like that.
Also, the photo is pretty washed out, and the background isn't the most inviting. You don't have to have the photo of the thumbnail be a screenshot from the video, you can take a whole differant photo for it, and I'm not a fan of seeing someone's doors in the background with a bright flash in the front.

but the contrast is fine in it.
The title of the video is How much youtube paid me in 2020 with 1,000 subscribers // 2020 income report..apparently this is a thing now lol

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Love the updated one. I think it stands out a lot more with the block colours / bright colours

Reactions: Jeff Goober
OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Love the updated one. I think it stands out a lot more with the block colours / bright colours
Thank You...I need to work on my thumbnails, I get so lazy with my thumbnails and never really take time to do them lol :confounded: