• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Should I remove spam comments?

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I got a comment on a video today that says
"0:15 nfs.in.net"
this is a link and I was just wondering if I should leave or remove spam comments like this?

Reactions: hengki

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've gotten plenty of those in the past, delete them and in YouTube studio, go to your settings and there should be something somewhere there that lets you block links from the comment section.

Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To make life easier for yourself, just set your channel setting so no one can post a link at all. This is under Creator Studio - Settings (bottom left) - Community - Right at the bottom click "block links"

There's no reason why anyone should be able to post links in your comments as all it does is invite spam. Not sure if blocking links completely stops them from TRYING to post links. Something tells me these bots simply spread out a net of automated comments on any video that has links enabled, and if a video has no links enabled in the comments, it simply doesn't post and finds the next video to try to spam to.

I've also blocked "nice" and "good" "check" "plz" etc as words. I manually approve compliments, but those words also lead to potential spam like "nice video check me out" etc, which benefits no one.

fightthewheel

TubeBuddy Pro
fightthewheel.com
Subscriber Goal
Sometimes I get all those - "I want to be your girlfriend :heart::heart::heart:" & "looking for someone near you to XXX :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::heart::heart:" and things like that.. I remove them straight away and mutes the user. I know they are bots so the effect is probably limited, but yeah..

Oasis Music

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I received the that same comment and I reported it as spam and deleted it.

18_Bees

www.18bees.com
Subscriber Goal
To make life easier for yourself, just set your channel setting so no one can post a link at all. This is under Creator Studio - Settings (bottom left) - Community - Right at the bottom click "block links"

There's no reason why anyone should be able to post links in your comments as all it does is invite spam. Not sure if blocking links completely stops them from TRYING to post links. Something tells me these bots simply spread out a net of automated comments on any video that has links enabled, and if a video has no links enabled in the comments, it simply doesn't post and finds the next video to try to spam to.

I've also blocked "nice" and "good" "check" "plz" etc as words. I manually approve compliments, but those words also lead to potential spam like "nice video check me out" etc, which benefits no one.
Thanks. Didnt know about blocking links. Sorted now.

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much for your advice everyone - I have now blocked all links which is nice as I don't want anyone seeing those links in the comments before I've deleted them. This way they will never be there in the first place :)

Pete A Turner

Known Member

Super helpful answer. I'm updating my channel now

Reactions: Beanie Draws