• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help A Very Noob Question

Jim2021

Hi guys, just a quick Noob question - im sorry if it has been asked before but hoping someone can shed some light

I just want to know that in order to monitize my videos do I have to use my OWN voice ?

I am happy to pay people (like on Fiverr) to do the voice-overs in my videos.

Is there any point in the channel monetization review process that the channel owner has to verify their own voice? (as being the one in their videos?)

I have a horrible voice, but a creative mind :) Im passionate about my content and story scripting but i just want to use my own
voice because I dont believe it will generate many views.

I prefer to pay professionals. I have seen many videos on youtube that seem to be professional or semi-professional voice-overs thats why I dont think its a condition
but thought i would ask just in case.

Thanks for reading, hope someone can reply

KaizzY

U can use a text to speech app if u want plus u can find a free one and u don't need a voice to be monetized

amisclinic

Known Member
its not necessary that you use your own voice.. But remember not to use others voice which is copy righted or restricted to use by the app/service/voice provider ..

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
There's some misconceptions here, and I'm still trying to find the video from Creator Insider that talked about this. At the end of the day it's up to the context of your channel and how you use videos that have no voice.

SOMETIMES channels where the entirety of the channel has no voice can be seen as "spam" videos if they don't provide value for the listener. Sometimes the manual reviews can misinterpret no voice in videos as low quality content intent only to boost watch time and revenue, and they WON'T monetise those channels. BUT if your content provides value, it should be fine. It does get tricky, but they will analyse your channel as a whole. If your channel is inconsistent in theme, all your videos are differant niches, and you have no voice in your videos, they may interpret those videos as re-uploads and not accept it into YTPP.

BUT if your videos follow a consistent theme, maybe it's music, maybe instructional videos etc, and the videos are of a consistent quality, then no voice should be fine.

I'll eventually find the video that confirms this. I think the video was released last year.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
There's some misconceptions here, and I'm still trying to find the video from Creator Insider that talked about this. At the end of the day it's up to the context of your channel and how you use videos that have no voice.

SOMETIMES channels where the entirety of the channel has no voice can be seen as "spam" videos if they don't provide value for the listener. Sometimes the manual reviews can misinterpret no voice in videos as low quality content intent only to boost watch time and revenue, and they WON'T monetise those channels. BUT if your content provides value, it should be fine. It does get tricky, but they will analyse your channel as a whole. If your channel is inconsistent in theme, all your videos are differant niches, and you have no voice in your videos, they may interpret those videos as re-uploads and not accept it into YTPP.

BUT if your videos follow a consistent theme, maybe it's music, maybe instructional videos etc, and the videos are of a consistent quality, then no voice should be fine.

I'll eventually find the video that confirms this. I think the video was released last year.

That's rough if you're deaf, mute or a verite, observational cinema-style filmmaker. Major lawsuit for YouTube at some point if that's the case.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
That's rough if you're deaf, mute or a verite, observational cinema-style filmmaker. Major lawsuit for YouTube at some point if that's the case.
That's where context comes in with a manual review. If there were issues with those who are deaf mute or verite etc being discriminated, the issue would have been brought to light by now. The community is pretty good at calling out YouTube when they do something discriminatory

Also keeping in mind that the same goes for spoken channels as well. Simply reaching the 1000/4000 requirements doesn't guarantee acceptance into the YTPP.

Reactions: Damon

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
No, the channel owner does not need their own voice on youtube for monetization.
You can make YouTube videos without showing your face or using your voice or both.
You can also use Upwork along with Fiverr for voiceovers at low cost and good quality.