• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Video processing times

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
Just out of interest, what kind of video processing times do you guys get on your YouTube uploads?

I've recently started uploading 1440p videos to access the VP9 codec and allow higher bitrate videos. Depending on the bitrate, at 60FPS a 20min H264 video falls between 12 and 18GB.

So far processing the HD version is taking over 24 hours. I uploaded one yesterday and it's still going...

From what I see online, around 4 hours should be expected. Some of the guys that get this problem say the work around is to upload the same video 3 times, and normally one of them will process quickly.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I haven't uploaded in 2 weeks (queuing stuff up) but I upload 4k/24 h.264 and I have typically seen about 20-30 minutes for a 6-10 minute video. That said, I have seen a lot of reports come over the last two weeks that it has been taking much longer. I'll be uploading tomorrow. I'll see how long it takes.