• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Instagram How can I get my Instagram followers to subscribe?

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Im fairly active on Instagram and have 100 followers, what's the best way to promote it?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You have to give them a reason as they why they'd want to follow you on YouTube. Instead of what's in it for YOU, what's in it for THEM?
Instagram is a visual platform and using URLS is tricky on mobile. Your best bet is to probably make a short video on your instagram that teases a much longer video on your youtube with "link in bio" that you have linked to YouTube. But again, the video has to be really compelling enough to make people want to go off platform. I can count a handful of times where I've visited an instagram profile's YouTube channel. Most people can see through when someone just wants numbers, and when someone has something valuble to share.

OP
OP
OceanShip

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You have to give them a reason as they why they'd want to follow you on YouTube. Instead of what's in it for YOU, what's in it for THEM?
Instagram is a visual platform and using URLS is tricky on mobile. Your best bet is to probably make a short video on your instagram that teases a much longer video on your youtube with "link in bio" that you have linked to YouTube. But again, the video has to be really compelling enough to make people want to go off platform. I can count a handful of times where I've visited an instagram profile's YouTube channel. Most people can see through when someone just wants numbers, and when someone has something valuble to share.
Thanks!

Reactions: Meenu

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Make sure to advertise(basically inform) your audience on instagram about your YouTube channel regularly. And at the same time link your channel or any one of your videos on your channel to your audience regularly. Sooner or later I'm sure at least one person will find your content interesting and subscribe to your channel.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Use stories and posts to mention and market your videos - so post little snippets of them and make people want to follow onto your link by enticing them through the content itself. Also be vocal and regularly update your followers on ig :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Is it the same audience? do you post the same content on IG as you do on YouTube? The audience is important and both platforms are different. Don't forget the value in the audience :)
Also completely different audience usage as well. IG content is usually incredibly short and quick. I rarely ever see people try to promote their YouTube channel outside of a linktree link. Most of it is tiktok.
I have to be INCREDIBLY interested in someone's post to want to leave the platform to go visit a full video. Truth be told, I think a lot of Instagram is consumed during quick commutes, having a quick sit down, scrolling while bored. You have to be dedicated just to simply want to load up the description. A lot of the time people won't care, they'll have a quick scroll, maybe double tap if they like something, and keep moving onto the next content.

Where it might work better is if you're a photographer or visual artist and want to show the making of something, and then in the description you say something like "to watch the full video/behind the scenes, check out my video in the bio" but realistically, much like YouTube, you don't want to take people off platform, and they might spend maybe a minute or two to have a quick scroll before they go off to do something else.

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
ItΓÇÖs very difficult to get people to leave their preferred platform. I have over 5,000 followers on Instagram, and whenever I publish a new video, I post a Story on Instagram to let people know (and put a link to my new video in the bio). However, during the course of 24 hours that the story is up, less than 200 people actually view it, and probably only a handful will be compelled to visit my profile and click on the YouTube link. IΓÇÖve had better response rates from Facebook, where I can share a link and fully describe the video.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It is so hard to get people to jump from platform to platform. The idea behind that is all wrong. When someone goes to Facebook they are on their to check their feed, see what is going on with their friends and see what is happening in the world. They don't want to be led down the rabbit-hole of pursuing your subscriber count on a different platform.

I think the best way to get people to do so is to be patient and memorable. You are not going to get them when they first find you on social media. But if you foster a relationship on these social media platforms and your are memorable then at some point they are going to decide to take a moment to come check out your channel. I've had people hit me up on Twitter after six months telling me how awesome my videos were and that they didn't understand why they hadn't subscribed earlier.

mosararty

I recently created a new Instagram account, and I totally understand the struggle of trying to get more followers. One tip I have is to be consistent with your posting and engage with other users.

Reactions: ThomasMorgan

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member

ThomasMorgan

I recently created a new Instagram account, and I totally understand the struggle of trying to get more followers. One tip I have is to be consistent with your posting and engage with other users.
I'm also trying to get more followers for my Instagram account. Only post can help me to get more followers? What do you suggest?