• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear AFFORDABLE CAMERA for streaming outside interviews WITH BLUETOOTH?

Real Truth

www.realtruthandpower.org
Subscriber Goal
I am looking for a small camera that I can interview outside with no cords attached. Kinda of like bluetooth. Or one I can use even with inside for podcast that doesnt have to connect to the computer. Any help?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I am looking for a small camera that I can interview outside with no cords attached. Kinda of like bluetooth. Or one I can use even with inside for podcast that doesnt have to connect to the computer. Any help?
Do you want to stream from the camera to a transmission source? Or record and then upload?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Asking because you typically can't stream from the camera. It eats battery fast. There are lots of cameras that allow you to transfer files over wifi. And several others that can transfer files via Bluetooth. It is a convenient workflow, but not a great one. There are cameras designed as security camera that can stream over wifi, but most of them are poor image quality. Many of the higher quality security cameras either require a physical connection or use a proprietary protocol.

All of that said, a phone or tablet camera is probably the best answer to your question.

OP
OP
Real Truth

Real Truth

www.realtruthandpower.org
Subscriber Goal
INTERESTING. I Have a mic, for better sound that can attach to the video camera, I wonder if there is an attachment for the phone. Then I would be good and would feel better about using the phone

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The Sony FDR-X3000 has livestreaming abilities but it's very tricky to figure out. I was able to connect it to my ipad, and to a computer, but again, it's very tricky and there might be better options. I just know that's the camera Derral Eves used for VidSummit. I haven't played around with it much and the new gopros probably do wifi/bluetooth rocording these days as well.