• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Making It Fun Should Be One Of Your Goals

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Many people start YouTube channels because they see others making money and they want a piece of that action. I don't blame them. I was one of those as well. The ease of just creating a free account, using a laptop webcam or your smartphone to record yourself or recording the games you have with free software. It all makes it appealing to just start a channel with little to no money to spend and no boss to tell you what to do, what hours to work or whether you can get fired and the possibility of making money just for creating content.

But you have to remember that being a YouTuber is not just instant success. It's a time-consuming process that will take hard work, dedication and patience to handle even if it's just to be a content creator. To make the journey more enjoyable you have to remember to enjoy being a creator. Your YouTube channel experience should be one where you like what you're doing. Where the content you create is exciting to you as much as it can be exciting to your audience. It's OK to want to make content other people want to watch but if you're not having fun making it the frustration of not growing will be even worse.

So remember to take the time to enjoy your creations. Have fun making those videos. Find pleasure in helping others either through education or entertainment. This should be your main focus before worrying about monetizing. Because monetizing can be a long and hard journey, but the enjoyment of being a creator can be instant gratification.

• Wow
Reactions: Damon

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is so true! Sometimes people tend to want the results without thinking about the journey it takes to reach those results.

Reactions: BraveStar

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So true!! I originally started my channel just for fun and because I enjoyed it. I always remind myself this when I start thinking about numbers

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There's a saying: Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

YouTube is the one platform where you can do what you love, share it with others, entertain or educate them and earn a living if done right.

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This should be the mindset of every content creator. Sadly many get so caught up on the numbers(views) and become dismayed very early on. Remember fellow tube buddies YouTube success(everyone has their own definition as to what success on YouTube is) is not guaranteed for anyone. However, the possibility of having success on Youtube through hard work and consistency is. Awesome post Brave Star.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Excellent post @Brave Starr, unfortunately so many creators are trying to see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, often without considering the length of said rainbow, so many of these new creators are treating YouTube like another get rich quick scheme, just because they saw some dudes making tons from prank videos or something like that.

Quite often these new creators are so focused on numbers, that they forget about who theyΓÇÖre serving, and what the audience wants to see, many assume that ΓÇ£oh yeah the viewers would love thisΓÇ¥, make the video, edit and snip it to ΓÇ£perfectionΓÇ¥, upload it, only to be met with crickets, then they go everywhere, which sadly includes here, and start ranting everywhere, all because theyΓÇÖre too busy serving their subscriber numbers instead of the audience.

IΓÇÖm in the art niche, which IΓÇÖd say is probably one of the harder niches to build up in, but damn IΓÇÖm having so much fun with my content, and it shows in my videos too, IΓÇÖm giving off happy go lucky positive energy to my viewers and they can definitely feel that positivity.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man truer words were never spoken. At some point you really need to turn a blind eye to the numbers and just enjoy what you do.

Reactions: BraveStar and Damon