• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

How-To Channel Ive started a Pumpkin carving channel!

Jamie@PumpkinFreak

www.pumpkinfreak.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
User name: Jamie@PumpkinFreak
Title of introduction: Ive started a Pumpkin carving channel!
Your name/ Alias: Jamie / PumpkinFreak
Where are you from? UK
How did you find TubeBuddy? a Youtuber
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? i need help and this seems like a good place to start. im new to youtube and TubeBuddy, so still figuring out how best to optimise my videos for search (but i must say im loving TB so far!). im also trying to figure out the best style of video, length and a content schedule - at the moment i post for the 6 weeks leading upto halloween, mainly due to the lack of Pumpkins for the rest of the year, but also it just feels weird posting about Pumpkins all year round
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: i want to help people carve better Pumpkins. at this stage id just be happy with 1,000 subs
How frequently do you upload? at the moment yearly, and this is what im struggling with, should i post more in the weeks leading upto Halloween when people are more interested, or space my post out across the year?
What are your hobbies? Pumpkin carving, spray painting, Drawing
What is your biggest dream? to be the worlds go to Pumpkin carver
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmFObLSYMu90OFCe6kZoJg

Reactions: taatahdi

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Welcome!

There are some common questions we see from people who just joined the forum.

How do I get access to the Promotion board and how do I ask for YouTube Feedback? You can learn more about the requirements here:

A lot of the same questions come up frequently (how do I grow? how do I get subs?) and many of those answers are pinned at the top of each board. You can also search the forums using the search box at the top of the screen.

Reactions: Jamie@PumpkinFreak
OP
OP
Jamie@PumpkinFreak

Jamie@PumpkinFreak

www.pumpkinfreak.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Welcome!

There are some common questions we see from people who just joined the forum.

How do I get access to the Promotion board and how do I ask for YouTube Feedback? You can learn more about the requirements here:

A lot of the same questions come up frequently (how do I grow? how do I get subs?) and many of those answers are pinned at the top of each board. You can also search the forums using the search box at the top of the screen.
thanks. yes theres a lot of information here, if im honest im feeling a little overwhelmed by it all! but i'll work my way through it all eventually.
I suppose the thing i need to figure out is around the optimal content schedule for waht is effectively a seasonal channel focused around Halloween - i'll have a good dig around and see what i can find.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Jamie@PumpkinFreak, welcome to the community. Love this concept about a pumpkin carving channel. It may be at its peak during Halloween, but it can still be fun the rest of the year.

Please remember to read our Forum Rules and the rules for each section to ensure a better experience.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
thanks. yes theres a lot of information here, if im honest im feeling a little overwhelmed by it all! but i'll work my way through it all eventually.
I suppose the thing i need to figure out is around the optimal content schedule for waht is effectively a seasonal channel focused around Halloween - i'll have a good dig around and see what i can find.
Check out people like @Stanley Orchard who has a fishing channel and has posted some things on how he deals with seasonality.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This is a REALLY cool concept... I find this super exciting as a channel concept. Like, you really stand a chance at blowing up big with this!

I do see some obvious issues with seasonality, so I want to prepare you for that. You need to be consistent like everyone else. In the best of circumstances you need to spend for-real time putting out as much 'how-to,' 'top-5 list,' and 'tips and tricks' videos as possible starting today. Get good and get good quick, you are on borrowed time. It is imperative that you master SEO practices and make sure that your videos are 100% optimized and ready to go for search... and also take a deep breathe. You are not going to get any views or subs at all for the next few months. The seasonality of your subject is going to hamper your growth. But when October comes you are going to explode. Consider the number of videos in your library fuel on dry wood. October is the match. You can set a match to 20 videos or you can set the match to 100 videos... it all depends on how hot you want that fire to burn.

OP
OP
Jamie@PumpkinFreak

Jamie@PumpkinFreak

www.pumpkinfreak.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
This is a REALLY cool concept... I find this super exciting as a channel concept. Like, you really stand a chance at blowing up big with this!

I do see some obvious issues with seasonality, so I want to prepare you for that. You need to be consistent like everyone else. In the best of circumstances you need to spend for-real time putting out as much 'how-to,' 'top-5 list,' and 'tips and tricks' videos as possible starting today. Get good and get good quick, you are on borrowed time. It is imperative that you master SEO practices and make sure that your videos are 100% optimized and ready to go for search... and also take a deep breathe. You are not going to get any views or subs at all for the next few months. The seasonality of your subject is going to hamper your growth. But when October comes you are going to explode. Consider the number of videos in your library fuel on dry wood. October is the match. You can set a match to 20 videos or you can set the match to 100 videos... it all depends on how hot you want that fire to burn.

thanks, it does feel like im onto something with this. thats really good advice, so thanks for that. ive been toying with doing a monthly video then upping my content to 2 to 3 videos a week in October.

but if i post now and it doesnt get much engagement due to the seasonality do you think that will hamper the chances of the video blowing up in October?

most of what I've done so far are short 1 to 2 min timelapes, but im sitting on enough clips to make 8 tutorial videos, each 10 to 15 mins long, but then each can also be a short 1min timelapse, giving me 16 videos. but i have no more pumpkins now till the autumn so thats the limit - that said I have started making my own carvable foam pumpkins so will probably do some content on that at some point.

at the moment my editing skills are really slowing me down - getting a slick production is really difficult when im learning on the fly

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You are fine... it is totally fine if you post it now and get little response. Nobody is getting any response, so your competition is light. Timelapses etc are awesome, do as many as you can. You can also carve apples etc as a means of circumventing some of the seasonality of pumpkins. But you do need to make as many as possible. You have to capitalize on your limited timeframe as best as possible.

OP
OP
Jamie@PumpkinFreak

Jamie@PumpkinFreak

www.pumpkinfreak.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
The main way i make money is doing these for other peoples social channels, check out the Zoella (Zoe Sugg) and Life of Tom (Syndicate) channels on youtube, my pumpkins have featured in Halloween content for them along with a load of companies... unfortunately i don't offer Pumpkins on quid pro quo basis