• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How often should I upload to get more people to come to my channel?

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Right now I currently upload once a week, but I feel like that's not enough activity, or is it?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There are multiple factors you need to take into account when trying to grow a channel. The quantity of uploads is one but not the only one. Most pros will tell you to upload at least 100 videos in 1 year, so basically about 2 a week. This gives Youtube a chance to evaluate your channel and determine several factors they can use to determine how to share your content to more viewers. But you also need to take into account the quality of the content. YouTube won't share a video no one wants to watch. Targeting a specific audience, what we call your ideal audience, is the best way to make quality content that can get you more views and thus eventually get shared more.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Once a week is good, but I guess 2-3 times if you're currently uploading once a week, would theoretically double or triple your chances of being discovered.

Reactions: Damon

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
It depends upon when your audience most likely want to watch YouTube, and how much
YouTube they can watch per week, and then tailor your content to those watching
habits. Generally, once or twice a week is enough for uploading videos to Youtube.

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
I just started uploading twice per week, not seeing any results yet but technically posting often should give you more chances to go ''viral'' or get seen

Reactions: Windel

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
It depends on the appetite that your audience has for your videos. For many, it seems that once or twice per week is enough to sustain a channel. There is also the idea that more uploads means more chances of getting discovered. However, you do need to give videos some "breathing room". I seem to remember reading a recommendation of putting one or two days between uploads.

Reactions: Windel

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started posting once a week. I did get a little fatigued and may have hindered my exposure. I guess consistency is the key.

charandperry

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
We are a travel channel and we upload once a week so we don't burnout of content to post. Also it depends on your audience too! If views on your channel is quiet you may need to post more frequently :)

Reactions: Damon

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I'd say only do what your comfortable with as along as it's consistent and not all over the place so be it at least once a week or several times a week do what suites you.