• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Day in the life video

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys I've created a 'Day in the life video' and in the video I do a grocery haul, get some new prints for my room and share a dinner recipe. I made this thumbnail and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on how I could improve. I tried to add some different elements in it related to the video. Day in the life-6.png

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You obviously put a lot of work into this thumbnail... from a graphic design standpoint you did very well. You have some obvious skills.

I would say though that there are some 'best practices' specific to thumbnail performance that could be improved. You need to consider that the size of your work is going to be exceptionally small. So a lot of the imagery and test in this thumbnail is going to be very difficult to see on such a small scale (as people go swiping by). You have only a split second to grab someone's attention before that scroll on to the next video, and a cluttered thumbnail does not help with this. The small text 'groceries' and 'snow' are also not adding to the composition.

It is pretty. But because of the multitude of imagery and the muted colors I would think you run the risk of missing some clicks against your competition.

• Love
Reactions: Kindred
OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
UPDATE! I got rid of the small text and enlarged everything else. Do you think I should leave in the background behind me or have it cut out?Day in the life-7.png

Reactions: Beanie Draws

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Too much going on, IMHO. It's hard to read the text because it's a bit fancy and my eyes are drawn to the stuff. Also, your title is a bit vague. A day in the life of...? I really like the left side of the picture (you and the snowman).

Reactions: Kindred
OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Too much going on, IMHO. It's hard to read the text because it's a bit fancy and my eyes are drawn to the stuff. Also, your title is a bit vague. A day in the life of...? I really like the left side of the picture (you and the snowman).

That was really helpful - thank you so much for your advice. I've now changed the font and enlarged the images :)

Reactions: HeatherPsyD

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys I've created a 'Day in the life video' and in the video I do a grocery haul, get some new prints for my room and share a dinner recipe. I made this thumbnail and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on how I could improve. I tried to add some different elements in it related to the video. View attachment 9033
If you say you're doing a grocery haul, at first impressions at looking at your thumbnail, that's not at all clear to me. My suggestion, include the word "haul" in your thumbnail. You want to illustrate what your video is about in your thumbnail as clear as possible. Remember just because you know what your video is about doesn't mean I know what your video is about.

Other than that, your thumbnail looks great!