• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How long after uploading a video do you wait to make changes?

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
So let's say you uploaded a video and it's CTR isn't doing so well, or it's not ranking in search results like you wanted it to. How long do you wait before making changes to thumbnails, title, description, etc.? Two days, a week, a month?

Reactions: Real Truth

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If it's not doing well in a couple days, I would change it then so that is has potential to do better closer to its upload date but I'm not sure if that's the best way.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
So let's say you uploaded a video and it's CTR isn't doing so well, or it's not ranking in search results like you wanted it to. How long do you wait before making changes to thumbnails, title, description, etc.? Two days, a week, a month?
Thumbnails, a week or so. Other data - be more cautious as it may cause a dip in views and in your keyword ranking once you make changes.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, give each video a couple days at least. It takes time for the data to "catch up" to what's really going on. Generally, focus on the next video. Making the next video is almost always a better use of time.

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
After uploading a video to Youtube, it doesnΓÇÖt takes much time if the video is
properly optimized. If my video is not shown in the search results, then I make
the changes after a week. Changes in Title, keywords, descriptions, category, etc.