• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Anything I should try to improve?

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: OceanShip
Title of thread: Anything I should try to improve?
Self review: I kind of feel like I should upload more consistently. My thumbnail's aren't the best in the world, but i feel overall good with them. I also really wish i could stop stuttering so much when I speak. Other than all that, I feel pretty confident in my work.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf08vBWpslDxQAfWXSsQEGQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/37223/post-116483

Reactions: Haider Vlogs

Shawny

TubeBuddy Pro
You are uploading a lot of content and it's clear that you have a niche. I immediately know what your channel is all about. Considering you haven't started that long ago, you're doing quite well :)

• Love
Reactions: Judee and OceanShip

MiahGraceSews

I did not expect to like this as much as I do! you have a great radio voice!

I like the music you've chosen, I do think it could be a little quieter so that it's easier to hear your voice.
the "stuttering" that you mention is normal. in every voiceover I do, I wind up doing the same thing. depending on what editing software you use it is really easy to cut out a false start to a phrase. while I'm recording a voiceover if a flub a line I'll immediately repeat it so I have a good second take and can throw the first one out.
no one has to know how many takes it took you to get the line right ;)

It really comes through how passionate you are about the topic, and you have some great engagement! I get the same number of views as you but NO ONE likes and comments hardly! so the shipping community seems like a nice place to be!

you may want to try recording in a less echoey room, I do my voiceovers sitting in a closet, the hanging clothes keep the sound from bouncing. it makes a real difference!

I also am personally curious about your sources, I can tell that you've done a ton of research, so show off a little! just a little blurb in the description or in the corner of the screen on where your information came from goes a long way. someone who comes across your videos that they want to jump into the information for themselves.

All in all, you're doing great. and I look forward to seeing where you go in the future!

Reactions: OceanShip
OP
OP
OceanShip

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I did not expect to like this as much as I do! you have a great radio voice!

I like the music you've chosen, I do think it could be a little quieter so that it's easier to hear your voice.
the "stuttering" that you mention is normal. in every voiceover I do, I wind up doing the same thing. depending on what editing software you use it is really easy to cut out a false start to a phrase. while I'm recording a voiceover if a flub a line I'll immediately repeat it so I have a good second take and can throw the first one out.
no one has to know how many takes it took you to get the line right ;)

It really comes through how passionate you are about the topic, and you have some great engagement! I get the same number of views as you but NO ONE likes and comments hardly! so the shipping community seems like a nice place to be!

you may want to try recording in a less echoey room, I do my voiceovers sitting in a closet, the hanging clothes keep the sound from bouncing. it makes a real difference!

I also am personally curious about your sources, I can tell that you've done a ton of research, so show off a little! just a little blurb in the description or in the corner of the screen on where your information came from goes a long way. someone who comes across your videos that they want to jump into the information for themselves.

All in all, you're doing great. and I look forward to seeing where you go in the future!
Thank you! I appreciate it a lot. :)

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Maybe you could add a couple of videos of famous ships sinking/crashing to see if that might attract more viewers? Not in a distasteful way, but I think many of us are curious about these kinds of tragedies, and you seem to know what you're talking about. Just as an experiment.

alban007

Subscriber Goal
dont forget to tag Philippines! we had so much seaman school and tons of ship worker. it might help you to grow you channel. all the way up!

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Your channel is definitely niche and that is great! You have the voice but your audio recorder needs to be upgraded. It comes out very boomy and too much bass. Because your videos are voiceover pictures, it is much more important to have clear audio or else it makes the entire video almost too amateur. If you have the budget, I recommend TASCAM DR-05X with a lapel mic. As well for the videos, the pictures are way too static. Mix it in with some moving footages of the ships stitched in between the pictures and I think you would have a solid product for those looking for the history of these ships. Hope this helps.