• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Would love feedback on my lifestyle channel based around vegan food, groceries and my daily life.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: Kindred
Title of thread: Would love feedback on my lifestyle channel based around vegan food, groceries and my daily life.
Self review: I feel that my channel organisation is pretty good as I have it organised into categories such as vlog, what I eat in a day etc. I recently changed up my branding and now have a pink and brown theme which is the colour theme I am going to use from now on. I also use this theme in my video intros. I was wondering if anything stands out as a reason why people might not subscribe as a lot of my viewers watch my videos but don't subscribe even though I upload regularly. I have got better at using tags and hashtags in my videos but still feel that some videos might not be searchable. My 'What I Eat in a week" videos are my most popular so do you think I should make more of them?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7H96EsviLsRKwI9YPqx29Q
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/37196/post-116619

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
First thing I notice is a lot of one-word channel tags. You will find you can use Keyword Explorer to find better long-tail keywords that describe your channel like you use it for individual videos.

I think many of your thumbnails and titles lack enough context for me to really understand them. Take your video "Festive Bake With Me | What Do I Eat". I must read the description to know WHAT you are baking because I can't tell from the thumbnail or title. In fact, you only have a single keyword that describes what you bake and you don't tell me in the description until the end of the first paragraph.

I also notice that you put things like "DAY IN THE LIFE" in the first part of the title, which means on most of your videos the actual subject is cut off in the thumbnail/channel view and many of the images in the thumbnail are so small I can't tell what it is you are eating/cooking.

In your linked review above you give Simply Simmer some advice on thumbnails, so you obviously understand many of the best practices, but you haven't implemented your own advice consistently in your own thumbnails!

• Love
Reactions: Kindred

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
1. Your channel banner could increase the text size, when I hopped over on mobile to view your channel, it was a bit difficult to read the main text of your channel name and upload schedule - especially with that fancy font
2. You also seem to not have a channel trailer - now you don't specifically need to have a channel trailer, but even a video you're proud of or one that is performing well would suffice
3. You have quite the playlist, which can be ok, but nowhere do I see a recent uploads playlist that might be useful for showing your latest content
4. Going off my 3rd point, some of these playlists have videos that are nearly a year old and don't have any additional videos added recently, so I'd consider adding the few playlists you actively update and upload content around and perhaps consider cutting down the playlist amount as well
5. Regarding thumbnails, definitely optimize for mobile, perhaps go to YT studio on mobile and be honest, is your thumbnail legible? Especially with your fancy font, it can be difficult to read which can make it harder for the viewer to understand visually speaking what the video is about

Overall you aren't doing terrible, but these minor tweaks will definitely help new viewers to better understand what content you make when you make, and be easier on the eyes

• Love
OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This was really useful feedback - thank you so much. I completely understand these comments and I can't wait to change up my channel.

OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Also, is my uploads section not the same as recent uploads or should I do recents instead of uploads?

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have you considered doing a vegan and/or WFPB diet type thing? The whole food plant-based diet is kinda trendy depending on where you live, but if you incorporate some of that language into your videos/cooking, you may attract viewers searching for that content. You wouldn't be going against veganism either, although there may be different underlying beliefs/intentions behind opting for one diet vs the other. Just a thought.

• Love
OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have you considered doing a vegan and/or WFPB diet type thing? The whole food plant-based diet is kinda trendy depending on where you live, but if you incorporate some of that language into your videos/cooking, you may attract viewers searching for that content. You wouldn't be going against veganism either, although there may be different underlying beliefs/intentions behind opting for one diet vs the other. Just a thought.

That is such a great idea - using key terms like WFPB might help reach a wider audience. Thanks for the advice :)

Reactions: HeatherPsyD

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That is such a great idea - using key terms like WFPB might help reach a wider audience. Thanks for the advice :)
Best of luck! :) I was on a WFPB diet most of last year, but I didn't stick with it. I can't cook. LOL