• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Tips Need help tagging

SJB_Plays

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I upload a video and when I tag my video, I make sure it has a good 'weighted' score but I never seem to rank. Could I get some tips on how to rank better. Thanks

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I'm pretty new on this platform and my own channel hasn't grown much, either. But one thing you might want to consider is putting a tailor to let people know what your channel is about. You need to make a promise that if they subscribe you'll be uploading things like this, this and this.' You have a very relaxed presence about you and it looks like you have a lot of fun making the videos.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I highly suggest you take some time to watch our tutorials on SEO and Keyword Research. You are not doing what is necessary to rank for anything at all:
1641996605540.png

In a recent video you used 11 tags... only two of which included substantial key modifiers. You are not going to rank for terms like 'propnight,' 'prop hunt,' or 'propnight gameplay.' They are just too competitive.
1641996767013.png

While the score may be 'Good' you do not yet have the authority to rank for it. Of course you can still rank if your video totally outperforms all the other videos in this search... but it isn't. So in this circumstance I would advise you to go for longer Keyword phrases. Things like 'prop night gameplay with commentary.' Also note that gaming is not a niche. You have a wide breadth of content that you are doing. It is unlikely that your audience is enjoying the vast differences in the games that you are playing, which is affecting your video performance across the board... which is largely decreasing your ability to rank for any tags. Your are being too general for YouTube to find a specific audience and gain you authority in a niche.

Amanda Summers

Known Member
Then you are supposed to put those words in the first paragraph of the description, but I don't remember if it's the first 200 words or characters. It seems unfair to me because if you put in the chapters you use up most of the word/character limit. Like in my recent video about the tallest statue of Lord Shiva, which is near Kathmandu. If I put 'first look at Shiva Statue' they can just skip ahead to that point. I heard someone say you should say, 'Pretty amazing view' or something besides the keyword you want to rank for. Can anyone clarify this?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Then you are supposed to put those words in the first paragraph of the description, but I don't remember if it's the first 200 words or characters. It seems unfair to me because if you put in the chapters you use up most of the word/character limit. Like in my recent video about the tallest statue of Lord Shiva, which is near Kathmandu. If I put 'first look at Shiva Statue' they can just skip ahead to that point. I heard someone say you should say, 'Pretty amazing view' or something besides the keyword you want to rank for. Can anyone clarify this?
You want to put your best keywords in the first 200 characters, though there is still value in the rest of the description. And you should be putting your chapters after the bulk of your description, then have your links after that.

Dr_Alan_Science

Known Member
You should sprinkle your target keywords into the video description i think.
Don't just put the keywords from Trubebuddy in tags.
You should put them in description too in a way that sounds natural and fluent, DON"T list out the words though ...
On another channel I used these methods and gained more than 3K views within a few months, even though that channel is small and i have given up.