• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Blocked video on Youtube

sunshine

Hi! I don't have any clue what to do. Please help meee. How can I please get upload a scene from anime Yuri on Ice.

Copyright owners: TV Asahi Corporation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNveSZRWxCs6iQBxN-XZV5Q - my yt channel
1611593488027.png

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It is blocked due to a copyright claim, so unless you try to pitch shift the audio a bit you probably won't get away with it, and even then it might not solve it totally.

• Angry
Reactions: Melanie

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You can't do anything about it. It's up to the original copyright owner to decide how they allow their content to be used. Always the tradeoff when doing reviews, especially in Anime.

If it's just clips from the show, just be glad they didn't strike your channel or terminate it. If it's clips of the show used for demonstration purposes, you might be better using static images rather than footage.

The joys of copyright.

OP
OP
S

sunshine

You can't do anything about it. It's up to the original copyright owner to decide how they allow their content to be used. Always the tradeoff when doing reviews, especially in Anime.

If it's just clips from the show, just be glad they didn't strike your channel or terminate it. If it's clips of the show used for demonstration purposes, you might be better using static images rather than footage.

The joys of copyright.

1. thank you for your replies
2. YES but how can someone just upload all episode of yuri on ice on yt and i can't use 2min scene from it.
3. The video is not used fot demonstration purposes, it is just cut scene of yurio skating. Is there any way I can contact the studio so I can upload it, please?
4. Does this also apply to AMV's?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This is why you need to familiarize yourself with copyright rules and the Fair Use Doctrine. Because they are the copyright holder they hold all the power; they can decide who they want to claim/strike, whether it is going to be a claim/strike or DMCA takedown etc. If you are familiar and have followed the Fair Use Doctrine then you are allowed to appeal and if the claim stands you can take them to court.

This sucks. It is a system that is in dire need of update, but YT is doing what they can to be diligent in following federal law so there is nothing you can do about it. If you are going to use other peoples content you are going to be dealing with this system and it is unlikely to change, so be prepared.