• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Translation question

AndyBarbaroha

Subscriber Goal
Hi there guys!

I have a question about translation, it's all pretty clear with the subtitles, but how can i (and other viewers) check the title and description in other languages?
For instance, when i chose ENG subtitles, the title and the description are still is Russian (original).

Also it would be great to have different translated thumbnails, but as i know it's impossible, right?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 141455303_746264822936373_2019505944735379240_o.jpg
    141455303_746264822936373_2019505944735379240_o.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 141414183_746265842936271_5339464948042172144_o.jpg
    141414183_746265842936271_5339464948042172144_o.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 118
  • residencia.jpg
    residencia.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 133

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible. I believe the only thing that changes with translation is the subtitles.

Reactions: AndyBarbaroha

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Translating titles/descriptions is a separate but included portion of the translation process in YouTube studio (and is even easier with some higher-level TubeBuddy automation tools). However there is not an option for translated thumbnails. If you want to target a truly international audience you may want to consider this in your initial thumbnail design (personally I avoid text in my thumbnails, though that is favorable for my niche currently).

OP
OP
AndyBarbaroha

AndyBarbaroha

Subscriber Goal
Translating titles/descriptions is a separate but included portion of the translation process in YouTube studio (and is even easier with some higher-level TubeBuddy automation tools). However there is not an option for translated thumbnails. If you want to target a truly international audience you may want to consider this in your initial thumbnail design (personally I avoid text in my thumbnails, though that is favorable for my niche currently).
Hi,
Thanks for your reply!
Well, I've translated the title & description, but the quotation is how i (and other viewers) see this? When i chose ENG subtitles, nothing happens with the title/description They are still in Russian.
Thanks!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi,
Thanks for your reply!
Well, I've translated the title & description, but the quotation is how i (and other viewers) see this? When i chose ENG subtitles, nothing happens with the title/description They are still in Russian.
Thanks!

Not entirely sure I understand what you mean but if your goal is to translate entire pages from Russian to English, selecting the subs in English will not accomplish that. That is only giving you access to subs that are in English regardless what language the page is and that's only if an English subtitle is available.

If your goal is to translate the whole page you'll need an external option. I have the Google Translate extension on my Chrome browser which gives me the ability to change the langue of a page to any option language they provide. The image below is me changing the language of one of my video pages from English to Russian. Just bare in mind this is only meant to change the page's text. It won't change the language of the video or the subtitles. Nonetheless it does what you seem to want.

Finding-The-Gaming-YouTuber-In-You-YouTube (1).png Finding-The-Gaming-YouTuber-In-You-YouTube.png

super8tovideo

When I translate the subtitles everything is ok. If I try to translate the description, I am told I need a higher level TubeBuddy I only have the TubeBuddy Pro.