• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Sims 4 Channel - looking to grow organic growth

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
User name: Simply Simmer
Title of thread: Sims 4 Channel - looking to grow organic growth
Self review: Hello - I have a Sims 4 gaming channel. I started my YouTube channel at the end of November 2019, so it's just over a year old now. I think I have a pretty unique channel that can cater to a broader audience than JUST Sims players because I build houses from popular TV Shows and movies in the game. I've been working on my thumbnails and my SEO for each video - trying to make everything as appealing as possible. I utilize external growth a LOT with Facebook groups and Reddit (They take up about 30% of my traffic source types and it's the number one driver of traffic to my channel.) but I'd like to be able to increase my ORGANIC growth from YouTube itself.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: youtube.com/simplysimmer19
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/37138/#post-116147

Reactions: MarvelousGap

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
As someone who has just started with his youtube journey I don't have any strategic insight for you but these are the things I have noticed when watching a few of your channels.
Audio is great and you seem to be quit comfortable with doing voice overs and talking to the camera which is great! However, I don't see you in many of your videos. I only saw you in the facebook videos. Maybe giving the audience someone to relate to, someone to follow will make a difference.

Seeing as you have so many sims videos and your channels is all about The Sims it might be worth branching out to other things like Tips and Tricks, The Sims related news like any rumors or actual news about The Sims 5, Maybe do a big brother type show made within The Sims, do a comedy skid about being really really addicted to The Sims, Sh*t Simmers say (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6tX5FO-T1w
). Basically a wider range of your niche or with your niche as the sauce.

Reactions: Simply Simmer
OP
OP
Simply Simmer

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
As someone who has just started with his youtube journey I don't have any strategic insight for you but these are the things I have noticed when watching a few of your channels.
Audio is great and you seem to be quit comfortable with doing voice overs and talking to the camera which is great! However, I don't see you in many of your videos. I only saw you in the facebook videos. Maybe giving the audience someone to relate to, someone to follow will make a difference.

Seeing as you have so many sims videos and your channels is all about The Sims it might be worth branching out to other things like Tips and Tricks, The Sims related news like any rumors or actual news about The Sims 5, Maybe do a big brother type show made within The Sims, do a comedy skid about being really really addicted to The Sims, Sh*t Simmers say (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6tX5FO-T1w
). Basically a wider range of your niche or with your niche as the sauce.

Great ideas here! I actually just ordered a green screen, so I'm going to start having my face in the bottom corner of my videos as soon as it gets here! Hopefully that will start helping to gain more traction too :)

Geoskills

Subscriber Goal
There is a great competition in gaming channel these days. But I think yoh are doing Ok. I have tried to use weighted scale in tubebuddy before and the result was good. May be you can try it and see the result.
Also, most of video gamers do show themselves in the videos which give the audience an opportunity to see your reactions and interactions. That might help...

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey, so first of all I think your thumbnails are really eye-catching which is great. I think that outlining the celebrities/characters in your videos really helps attract viewers of those specific shows. It's a great idea to use easily recognisable characters in thumbnails so keep that up. Maybe if you did a reacting face of your own in the thumbnails it might be more enticing. Also, I think bringing out more personality in your videos would help (by showing yourself) if you're comfortable with that. Also I think your audio is great quality so that is no issue. Overall your channel is great and I'd be happy to support it :)

Reactions: Geoskills

MarvelousGap

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I love your thumbnails and how I myself found it comfortable to listen to you. I think you're doing good, and I love the Sims. I have noticed that people that show themselves seem to do good, but idk if you're comfortable with that. Overall I think your channels pretty good! I'll happily support it because I dont have anyone to watch for Sims videos and I actually play the game.
Good job!