• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How to handle THOUSANDS of spam comments a day?

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have a few videos that get INUNDATED with spam accounts (literally over 1k spam comments a day). I have filters set up to block them, but they keep working around my filters
1f641.png

It's getting to the point I'm missing actual comments from real viewers that I want to respond to, but I don't have time to sift through all those spam comments every day. Most of them automatically go to the Likely Spam section, but there are still a lot that end up getting posted anyway. Idk if having someone come in as a moderator to remove them for me would be beneficial, or if someone else has tips on what to do for this.

Thanks!!
1f642.png

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
Does the spam have links? If yes, you could set links to not allowed. Nothing else comes to mind sadly...

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Looks like it's specifically based on facebook. You're going to get that unfortunatly seems there must be bots specifically decided to target anything with the words "facebook" and "account" so I guess it depends how important those two videos are for you? They seem to be vlog videos based on facebook, and your channel is about the sims, so I don't see how the two relate, so other than losing the views, I don't see it as much of a loss to just private those videos seems they don't relate to the rest of your channel and seem to be the target.
You could also disable comments for those videos, but you'd lose comments for everything else that were positive (again, they're impacting the rest of your channel, is it worth the stress of bot comments to keep 60k overall views?

Outside of that, I'd add "account" as a bad word in your bad words filter. "help" seems to be another word the spammers use. "plz" is a bit culprit of spam, so I've manually added that as a blocked word to my channel.

If you REALLY want to keep the comments and views, then change the settings on those two videos so that ALL comments are held for review... so instead of have thousands of spammers go public, you'll have to manually approve the ones that AREN'T spammers, which will take you just as long, but you can "easily" just hide any spammer accounts, and approve the ones that aren't spammers.

Personally I'd just take the loss and delete the videos completely as they're bringing your channel down.

amisclinic

Known Member
may be you could use the youtube studio settings to filter out comments with links and specific words ?