• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Which app is best for thumbnail making?

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It comes down to personal preference, personally I use canva, but I've heard of others using tools like GIMP

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I use PicMonkey for mine! I like how easy it is to outline and add shadows. I wish it was free like Canva though - that is another highly rated thumbnail site :)

• Love
Reactions: Hammoudi _Tik

FunkyGeckos

Picmonkey is excellent! I still stick to using Photoshop, just because it's familiar to me but Picmonkey is like Photoshop Lite. Super easy.

fightthewheel

TubeBuddy Pro
fightthewheel.com
Subscriber Goal
I used to use Canva.com. It's super simple to use and you can get pretty far. However, I found that some very useful features are missing from Canva, which is a shame. fx. one cannot add an outline to, say, text or image. You can also not skew or transform freely text if you want to get creative with it. You can only use their, rather limited, font styles. I think it's a shame, because I like the tool, but as I found myself opening up Photoshop more and more in order to do stuff that Canva couldn't do, I just switched entirely to Photoshop. You can do everything in there, as you probably know.

I think it's safe to say, that you will not get anything beating the features og Photoshop forthumbnail creation. Question is whether or other tools, like Canva, fit your needs.

Many people also recommend GIMP for a free option as opposed to Photoshop.

Cheers.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use a mixture of Picmonkey and Canva and then a separate website to remove backgrounds on images as these are premium features on both :) I love the way my thumbnails are looking at the moment and think I've started to discover my style a bit more using these tools.