• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question can we grow our youtube channel without using tubebuddy or vidIQ?

guptark08

Well, this is just a question that came to my mind. but what I'm thinking why youtube is now so difficult to grow tag, description, views, likes, algorithm everything is looking very struggling when you start a youtube channel. I'm not talking about whose subscribers are more than 100000. we all are in the tubebuddy community with a small youtube channel and we all seeking to grow youtube either we try some tools like tubebuddy or with some other help.

just share your thoughts on what you're thinking can you grow a youtube channel without the help of and extension tools. and if then I'll love to hear you HOW!!

well, thank you for reading. please like if you think the same.

byee.

OP
OP
guptark08

guptark08

Well, this is just a question that came to my mind. but what I'm thinking why youtube is now so difficult to grow tag, description, views, likes, algorithm everything is looking very struggling when you start a youtube channel. I'm not talking about whose subscribers are more than 100000. we all are in the tubebuddy community with a small youtube channel and we all seeking to grow youtube either we try some tools like tubebuddy or with some other help.

just share your thoughts on what you're thinking can you grow a youtube channel without the help of and extension tools. and if then I'll love to hear you HOW!!

we always want to know how to grow my channel. but somehow we wanted to know Is there any hack to grow my youtube channel faster?

I think the best answer is to grow in youtube is to be consistent and give your enough time to read/analyze and try to understand the audience retention.

byee.

• Love
Reactions: CXC777

Skynautics

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You can definitely grow your channel without TubeBuddy or VidIQ, but they make it extremely easy, fun, and not-so-complicated for us who are still starting off! TubeBuddy's thumbnail maker (even the Starter one) is amazing!

Reactions: Geo and Damon

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It's definitely possible to grow without these extensions and tools. I think using TubeBuddy does help streamline things and does a lot of the legwork for you. Time is money, so it can be very helpful to have these tools to use :)

• Love
Reactions: Geo and Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You can absolutely grow without them. Make great content and follow best practices... that's all it takes. TubeBuddy (and the other guys) all take data and provide you insight into performance metrics so that you can have an idea of what your audience wants. They help (and in some cases they help a LOT). But the real performance is going to come from you and the content that you can make, regardless of what tools you use.

Wanja Jowe

byee.
Without extension tools its quite hard to be honest but the other thing that would help would be you promoting your videos on social forums like Insta,Fb all of those otherwise people would not know your videos

Reactions: Damon and AMELITA

AMELITA

Seem like easy to watch them those video that they are on monetize but had to build hard work and learn more about what we can do to grow all the tool around here. Me IΓÇÖm about to give up coz is frustrating to think donΓÇÖt have any idea about which where the tools into. IΓÇÖm such slow I guess. But I try my best to learn more .

amisclinic

Known Member
Answer is a definite yes. But these tools definitely helps automate many tasks and make manual tasks easier by bringing it under one umbrella

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh, yes, you can. Others have said it. You can grow your channel without TubeBuddy(TB). TB is not a silver bullet. It simply helps you make sense of the data that would otherwise be difficult for mere mortals like us. If it's easier to make sense of the data, then you will have an easier time making decisions about your channel.

You need to produce 150 clickable, searchable videos that people want to watch. YouTube is a search engine that serves up videos. If you don't have many videos to serve, then it won't matter if you use extension tools or not.

I didn't use any extension tools until several thousand subscribers. I concentrated on one thing: Making videos that didn't suck. I uploaded three to five times a week for several years on end. Once my videos quality and quantity came up to snuff, then I started using TubeBuddy. Even then it took a couple years to learn to use it well.

You need to learn to produce a large quantity of quality videos that people want to watch. That's what I'm not seeing in most people's channels these days.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Planet Quiz

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This is the things that bothers me. I often saw a successful youtuber in my country or even my friend with zero knowledge about youtube seo stuff or even what is the right keyword for their video, even one of my friend doesnt have any tag at all on his video, yet they all went viral. I guess that if your video went viral, doesn't matter if your metadata is completely empty, you'll get tons of view and later you becoming famous from it afterwards. Some people just had that lucky on their shoulder. But for me who are still improving SEO here and there, still have no beneficial improvement.

• Wow

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This is the things that bothers me. I often saw a successful youtuber in my country or even my friend with zero knowledge about youtube seo stuff or even what is the right keyword for their video, even one of my friend doesnt have any tag at all on his video, yet they all went viral. I guess that if your video went viral, doesn't matter if your metadata is completely empty, you'll get tons of view and later you becoming famous from it afterwards. Some people just had that lucky on their shoulder. But for me who are still improving SEO here and there, still have no beneficial improvement.
I am afraid I take issue with statements like this. You can't compare your view count or subscriber count to anybody else. It doesn't matter if you are the exact same kind of channel; you are not the exact same person and you are not following the exact same path on YouTube. Also worth noting, these nameless, faceless 'people' that so often get referred to without designation or full explanation have one thing in common; great videos. Videos that warranted going viral. And just because they went viral doesn't mean the creator didn't work really hard learning their craft, learning YouTube etc. Or maybe they didn't... but I can assure you if that is the case then they still have a hill to climb trying to turn this uneducated viral hit into a realistic career.

Don't get so caught up in limelight of what people imagine YouTube to be like. It is work. And no... you do not need to use anything in the description or tags to push your video. You can make a viral video. That works too... but be realistic. It may take you 500 videos to get that viral hit. If you are going to spend 500 videos to make that happen why not put the work in so that they can be producing evergreen views for you until you get that hit? Why not set them up to succeed on their own or in combination with each other to provide a solid foundation for steady and continuous, passive income? Because that is what SEO is all about. You don't need it for the viral hit. But it does wonders to the overall performance of your channel as a whole in the meantime.

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I am afraid I take issue with statements like this. You can't compare your view count or subscriber count to anybody else. It doesn't matter if you are the exact same kind of channel; you are not the exact same person and you are not following the exact same path on YouTube. Also worth noting, these nameless, faceless 'people' that so often get referred to without designation or full explanation have one thing in common; great videos. Videos that warranted going viral. And just because they went viral doesn't mean the creator didn't work really hard learning their craft, learning YouTube etc. Or maybe they didn't... but I can assure you if that is the case then they still have a hill to climb trying to turn this uneducated viral hit into a realistic career.
Thank you for the reply. It makes me a little relief about my feeling right now reading your thought about this. And yes I do still regularly uploading new content 1 or 2 every weeks. Hope that I'll get there sooner or later.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for the reply. It makes me a little relief about my feeling right now reading your thought about this. And yes I do still regularly uploading new content 1 or 2 every weeks. Hope that I'll get there sooner or later.
It's a marathon... you need to be prepared for this to take 5 years or more. When I got in I did so with a ten year plan (currently entering year 4). The good news is that you are absolutely not alone. You have an entire community of people in the exact same boat as you and we are all in this together, helping each other out and providing emotional stability (most of the time). Feel free to hit us up here, on Discord, Twitter or Facebook any time you need a few positive words. We all do from time to time.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
It's a marathon... you need to be prepared for this to take 5 years or more.

It's more trying to cross the North Atlantic Ocean in a kayak. Honestly I'd much rather have even a 10 h.p. engine and seaworthy boat to cross the North Atlantic. Think of the TubeBuddy community as the 10 h. p. engine, plenty of help when you need it. (People have crossed the Atlantic on a little and 2.5 hp.) Think of the TubeBuddy tools as a seaworthy, tried-and-true ocean-crossing vessel.

Think of your friend who went viral as a guy in a kayak crossing the North Atlantic by himself with no help. Yes, maybe he had fair winds and following seas, but the problem is when you assume what happened to him will happen to you. You get caught in the worst Nor'easter in recent history (basically 2020) and drown. Well, if you had even a 3 hp engine and seaworthy vessel, you would have had a much better chance.

I love what Stanley said about five and 10 year plans. I too started with the expectation that it would take 10 years. I break that down into two to three year spurts. This is year six for me, and it's time to make big decisions.

Here's another example of how this community has helped me. Several months ago Stanley mentioned to me that he thought my pricing was far too low on my Web site regarding my fishing tackle, especially since everything is hand made. I took his advice and increased my pricing to something more appropriate for the time and effort it takes to make the products. That has lead me to reformulate everything. Now I plan to focus all my effort on the content creation side of things and move out of the fishing tackle side. I plan to focus on online classes instead.

So it isn't about a tool or plug-in. You have access to a vast community that can help you see things you would never see by yourself.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Well said @Damon man I am using that ocean reference in the future. It's so appropriate. Two kayaks traveling side by side on the sea will not face the same ripples on the surface, and having started their journey on different dates they will face different storms.

• Love

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, you can grow our youtube channel without using TubeBuddy or vidIQ.
But for your Youtube videos, you need to find a niche, content that really
comes easy for you, follow the basics perfectly, produce videos and upload
at least a videos in a week

Reactions: AMELITA and Damon

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
100% we are tools. Similarly you can cut down a tree with your bare hands right now. Doesn't mean it's the best course of action, or the right fit for you. We do our best to provide useful tools to help you on your YouTube journey. We always say use the best tool for you. That said I think there are some good answers here from the community, and gives a good idea. :)

Reactions: AMELITA and Damon