• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear Looking for a camera for a beginner and a lifestyle youtuber

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
You need to give us a budget.

Without that, I'll give you the standard starter recommendation. A phone, a phone cage, an external mic and an external light. Everything besides the phone will run you about $90USD

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You need to give us a budget.

Without that, I'll give you the standard starter recommendation. A phone, a phone cage, an external mic and an external light. Everything besides the phone will run you about $90USD
This. You don't need anything other than a phone to be a lifestyle vlogger. Just get started with your phone and from there you can gather some research on what cameras are good. There's a guy called "Camera Conspiracies" that does humorous camera reviews and actually shows the cameras in action. To be honest, YouTube would be your best friend here. We can give you some camera brand and model suggestions, but you'll find plenty more options as well as actual real world footage examples on YouTube.
"best camera for beginners" in YouTube will probably show you everything you need. Roberto Blake is also fantastic with camera knowledge.

Paddle & hike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I use the Sony HX80 (less expensive than most) good quality and mega zoom! flip screen etc.. All included.
Lightweight too. Just an idea and option. (is it the best?) nope.... but for the price it's a very good one.

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I just use my iPhone 7 for this, it does the trick. Good Luck

Reactions: Damon