• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear Does anybody use Canon 600D?

FreeStyleKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey there, as a fan of older tech I got Canon 600D in my arsenal, still dodnt move from DSLR and keep it on lower budget.
So my qestions are based on your experience if you have it with this camera and for which kind of project did you use it?
Which lens was the best for you and why?

Thnx for your answers.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've never really used Canon cameras, but I've had a few friends who bought Canon entry level DSLR cameras. From what I've heard from most people Canons are a great entry level camera to start filming and photography with.
I haven't used DSLR cameras in a while, but I've found 50mm lenses are a great lens to do talking head video with as it allows you to use depth of field. I'd also look for something under 18mm. Zoom lenses are good, but I've always heard "prime" lenses are better than zoom lenses because they focus all on optics because they don't have to focus as much on zoom mechanics. I'd personally be eying off a 50mm prime lens at something like f1.2 but some lenses can be a lot more expensive than others.

There used to be a camera guy I followed called "Ken Rockwell" who did reviews on lenses. But these days you could just as easily jump onto youtube, and do a search for "Best canon dslr lens" or "best budget dslr lense" and with a youtube video review, they will USUALLY (if it's a good review) have actual real world footage of the lens in use so you've got a better idea if you like the look of the image the lense provides.

The best thing about DSLR cameras though, is you have such a wide range of options for lenses, and you can also use old second hand or even more vintage classic lenses.

OP
OP
FreeStyleKing

FreeStyleKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've never really used Canon cameras, but I've had a few friends who bought Canon entry level DSLR cameras. From what I've heard from most people Canons are a great entry level camera to start filming and photography with.
I haven't used DSLR cameras in a while, but I've found 50mm lenses are a great lens to do talking head video with as it allows you to use depth of field. I'd also look for something under 18mm. Zoom lenses are good, but I've always heard "prime" lenses are better than zoom lenses because they focus all on optics because they don't have to focus as much on zoom mechanics. I'd personally be eying off a 50mm prime lens at something like f1.2 but some lenses can be a lot more expensive than others.

There used to be a camera guy I followed called "Ken Rockwell" who did reviews on lenses. But these days you could just as easily jump onto youtube, and do a search for "Best canon dslr lens" or "best budget dslr lense" and with a youtube video review, they will USUALLY (if it's a good review) have actual real world footage of the lens in use so you've got a better idea if you like the look of the image the lense provides.

The best thing about DSLR cameras though, is you have such a wide range of options for lenses, and you can also use old second hand or even more vintage classic lenses.
Yes, I've researched a lot before taking this camera to see what can feet me the best, canon was a great choice because of magic lantern, picture with that upgrade is just great. So that fits my goals for the moment, of course as everybody I want to go on with upgrade and it will go with the time. For now I've got Nikon 3100, Canon 600D and GoPro Hero7, all that is a good arsenal.

About lenses I agree with you totally, prime lenses are actually much better choice, but if you want to make some story based videos then you got to have an arsenal of lenses.For that first I will need to chose camera in which I will invest in lenses, for now I think I will buy new one and it will be Sony a7iii, that camera have a great software inside and it can shoot in darker conditions really good, while with Canon or Nikon I need to get lenses with f1.2 of min. f1.4 and still Sony with that focal length will be able to record good in much darker conditions, so there money comes in the play again.

That vintage part with DSLR is my goal for some of my projects, that is why I went on DSLR first. I wist that money is not an issue, but that all will also come with the time.

Thanks for your reply and engagement, sharing experience like this is really great thing.

Have a great day and enjoy.

Reactions: Beanie Draws