• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Potential Davinci Playback Fix (if you have playback issues)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So I've been having an issue where playback would pause for a fraction of a second, or a frame or two between cross fades, or even just normal cuts with no effects.
Did some googling to see if others had this issue, and was reading about audio plugins. The Davinci forum asked people with similar issues if they had "VTS effects" and "VTS plugins" installed and that if they do, to disable/delete them.

Figured I'd check to see if I had them, in my preferences and I DID. so I removed them, and lo and behold the playback seems to be working properly now!

So if you run into a playback issue with Davinci and your system SHOULD be fine with it, check to see if you have these "VTS" plugins and effects going, and if you do, that might be your issue. I have no idea what they are, but my audio still works lol and there's no stuttering or pausing between cuts, so looks like it's smooth sailing FINALLY. :p

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Ah, interesting. Do you mean VTS or VST?

If VST they sit in the audio processing chain and are most likely held in memory. So if any of them was misbehaving, it would certainly cause that type of an issue. Good for the forums for coming up with that.!

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Ah, interesting. Do you mean VTS or VST?

If VST they sit in the audio processing chain and are most likely held in memory. So if any of them was misbehaving, it would certainly cause that type of an issue. Good for the forums for coming up with that.!
Indeed I meant VST :) Silly me going a bit dyslexic there. I presume VST would effect crossfade transition in audio enough to cause a split second lag between each cut. Very glad I was able to find that solution as it now makes Davinci usable again!