• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Best Practise For Comments

Jim Banks

www.spadesmedia.com
Subscriber Goal
tubebuddy_engage_with_video.jpg

In the TubeBuddy checklist, number 8 is Engage with the Video.

I often say to people if your family, friends, colleagues don't "like" your work, why would anyone else.

But I wanted to ask the community how people felt about being the first person to like your own work.

Seems a little self centred to me, but I might just be too sensitive.

Would love to know what you think.

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Honest big YouTubers will admit they watch and like their own work. Cathrin Manning/Content Bug admits so much in her own videos, she does it as a way to also be there to answer her subscribers/commenters when they leave a comment within the first 30 minutes.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I often say to people if your family, friends, colleagues don't "like" your work, why would anyone else.
Easy: Your friends, family and colleagues may not be in to astrophysics or your chosen niche.

But I wanted to ask the community how people felt about being the first person to like your own work.
I always an the first to like my own video. It just starts the ball rolling.

If you don't want to like your own comments/videos, then don't. It isn't a big deal either way, imo. In other words there are bigger fish to fry.

ccrtelevision

TubeBuddy User
I'm always the first to like my own videos. When the first people come flocking toward my new uploads, I think it just gives off a better impression for them to see 1 like already there rather than 0 likes. Also, it's fun and kind of pat on the back to "like" my own work; I spent hours making something I'm proud of, so why not? ^_^

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
View attachment 8283

In the TubeBuddy checklist, number 8 is Engage with the Video.

Would love to know what you think.
To be fair, "like your video" won't show up to anyone else as YouTube doesn't show you WHO liked the video, just a number of how many likes it got, so there's no reason NOT to like it really. I've never actually thought about doing it, but it does make sense when starting out.

I know on things like Instagram, Twitter and I think in the past Facebook, they'd actually show you who liked your post publicly for everyone to see, so occasionally if your post only has 1 like, and that like comes from you, people do sometimes call that out. But on YouTube no one sees who actually liked the video, so there's no harm in doing that I don't think.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
View attachment 8283

I don't agree with that quote. I would say that your target audience should like your content, if anyone else do it's a bonus. My channel is about a very specific niche that are of no interest at all to my parents, most of my friends and my colleagues so I don't expect them to like it. Even if it was the best content in the world about that niche it still wouldn't be for them. As a matter of fact I don't expect them to have any interest at all with a few expectations of one or two friends with similar interest.

• Love
Reactions: Ikerot and Damon