• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software looking for better editing software that's not expensive

Paranormal 369

TubeBuddy User
hey all, at the minute I'm using a mixture of video pad and windows movie maker to edit my videos, these are free versions from various sites. i was looking for alternatives that are either free or not ridiculously expensive?

thanks in advance.

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm using DaVinci Resolve which is really good. Tried Hitfilm Express before but it's got lots of issues. Davinci is free for up to 1080p, anything higher and you need to pay for it.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
DaVinci is good if you computer can handle it - my PC can, my laptop cannot.

I use PowerDirector, simply because I have used it so many years, and I am too lazy to switch to DaVinci. Even if it is free. PowerDirector is about $70 to own it, but they are really pushing the subscription model.

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have tried different ones, and stuck with shotcut. It's not really easy but it does what I need to do. It has some learning curve, a lot of things can be found on YT

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Filmora, and find it really easy to get to grips with and its only a few quid a month.
I havent played around with filmora yet but I want to after watching so many video tutorials with Daniel Batal he rocked that software and shows ever single way to add effects. If you dont know about him check it out if you do well I guess no words you will keep watching like me. lol

Last edited:

AshwinR

TubeBuddy User
Another vore for Da Vinci Resolve. The best free editing software you can get.

Benny1985

The biggest thing about Davinci is that literally any question you have of "How do I add this into my video" is on YouTube to learn for free. Every step-by-step guide I've watched gets to the point, and I can copy it within minutes. It may not be the easiest to learn, but its unquestionably capable. Plenty of professionals use it, and its free so its very hard to beat.

Reactions: BensTechLab

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If it hasn't been recommended enough Davinci Resolve. Seriously this thing is not only free but even with the free version, you can really step up your editing game.

Alby Tastic

I always use Virtual Machines for all my work, and some programs won't run in a VM which limits the choice, which is why I ended up with VideoPadEditor - tried the free version, and found it did all I needed so then paid for the full version. Very happy with it.