• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback What's the font you found as best for your thubmnails?

walterscalzone

i am using elements and text in my thumbnails but I believe my fonts are too small or can't figure out a good catchy one in Canva.com

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I use Lato Bold, but I think this is pretty much a creative choice. Legibility when small is important. People often say to think of it as "could you read it on the face of an Apple watch?"

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It seems any time i use text my CTR drops. Font, size etc never made much difference, they just perform poorly. I believe that has a lot to do with my niche (fishing).

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Ironigally it seems the font I've been using latley is the same font Fortnight or FallGuys uses. It's slightly cartoony, but I'm always experimenting with font choices. Generally I like a medium condensed font. It seems these days a lot of people are using the same font Nick Nimmin uses, and more and more are using the font I use (good taste folks) but I think I'll be adapting my font branding again soon. I can't remember off the top of my head what I'm using, but I'm experimenting between bold and slightly cartoony, or a gritty grainy organic font that looks like pencil marks or paint/ink strokes.
I'm trying to move away from text where I can now however.

alexa_lian

I tend to try and do something bold but eye catching, I use canva too and I mess around with a lot to make sure I get a good thumbnail. I usually do different ones for different videos. I'll sometimes ask a friend to see how they feel about the font and colors as well! Hope this helps

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
i am using elements and text in my thumbnails but I believe my fonts are too small or can't figure out a good catchy one in Canva.com
I like the Permanent Marker font that comes with the free version of Tubebuddy, but if I'm making my thumbnails outside of Tubebuddy, like maybe in Pint, I have access to all the fonts on my computer, and I have lots of them. The fancy one I use on my channel banner is called Bleeding Cowboy.