• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How do you guys gain subscribers?

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
I really want to know how people gain subscribers. If I have enough data I might know how the youtube algorithms works and I can help people grow their channel as well.

Reactions: heavyduty471

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I really want to know how people gain subscribers. If I have enough data I might know how the youtube algorithms works and I can help people grow their channel as well.
In addition to @SILTHW IΓÇÖd search some threads that cover this very topic using the search bar, we constantly run into this kind of query so thereΓÇÖll be loads of information. Also at the bottom are similar threads, occasionally what youΓÇÖre seeking may show up down there.

Reactions: JasCool Gaming

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Subscribing is a personal choice, and personally I think subscribing is less data driven, and more human driven. No amount of data can convince someone to subscribe, it's the content that will decide if someone will subscribe or not.
Calls to action are a good way of doing it, and subtle reminders that don't come across as begging are also good. Calls to action are a fine art. Come across as too pushy and people will be thrown off and putt off and less likely to subscribe, but if you don't remind people at all, you could be leaving potential subscriptions on the table.

Remember however, for us creators, it's a bit of a vanity metric that we use to show off and flex

For the audience however, it's nothing more than a bookmark to remind people that they want to see more of your videos. I used to subscribe to people because I wanted to be reminded when they uploaded, and I only wanted to be reminded of their uploads if I actually thought their content was worthy of me watching again. If someone just watches casually, they might not be interested in subscribing to anyone. Some don't even login to youtube when they watch. So really, you need to develop a relationship with the audience in your videos. Remind them WHY they should return in the future. It's got nothing to do with numbers, and everything to do with a relationship to serve your audience more. Subscriptions are simply a reminder for those who want to watch more of your content, so give them a reason to.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
If I like your content I subcribe. Nothing else but that. If someone like your content they will subcribe simple as that. We can read all the SEO, it only help us know what they like and make sure we upload things around it.

Reactions: AussieBangerz

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It's kinda hard but it takes awhile, but views are probably more important
Yeah that's an interesting one because some channels have massive views compared to their subscriber number, and at the end of the day, watch time is key. But for example, pewdiepie has over 100 million but he definitely doesn't get 100 million views per video. Meanwhile I've seen some channels in the 1-20k range gettings over 200k views, some even getting millions of views. So the amount of subscribers you have means nothing to how many views your videos can get. I'd rather my videos get 1 million views and have 20k subscribers, than 100k subscribers but only getting a few hundred views per video.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Various reasons, If I like you and /If I like your content if I am honest -I used to say if I like your content but sometimes I just prefer a particular way of delivery even if it's the same topic. Sometimes just to support or encourage. (I am only human lool)

Ztrav

Subscriber Goal
I usually just ask and they subscribe if you subscribe to ztrav and ztrav gaming I would sub back

Benny1985

Subs generally come as a function of viewership. If you get enough views, you'll get subs. The ratio varies a lot based on how much people like your content and want more. My channel is on the lower-tier of views-per-sub in that it takes a good bit more views to get a sub, usually around 150 views per sub. The "average" is around 100 views per sub.

I've seen a few people that get consistent viewership from Youtube (in that most videos get around 1,000 views in a period of time, like a week) churn videos to hit 1,000 subs rather fast, and they did a fantastic job of it.

However, the best go-to is simply make something people want to sub to. I'd think most people sub because they're excited about the next video. My videos cover a range of topics, and depending on if the video's meant to be watch along with updates in that series, I get way more subs than average.

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Make great content and refine your skills to improve with each video, even if it's a minor improvement, eventually your videos will (hopefully) be great and may entice more to subscribe

JavoDreams

Subscriber Goal
Encouraging your viewers to subscribe is always good to some extent. But it really just comes down to content creation. I feel based on the duration your viewers stay on a video you as a content creator need to find a way in that amount of time to keep them engaged and to check out your other videos on your channel to consider subscribing.

Isaac_Ra

TubeBuddy User
www.facebook.com
Subscriber Goal
I just focus on releasing the best content possible. Unfortunately my recording background sucks and people probably get turned off by my lack of professional studio space.

Melanie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Legend
hubpages.com
Subscriber Goal
I almost solely do SEO. ItΓÇÖs been my schtick for 10+ years and IΓÇÖve have some luck with it. That said, I feel like itΓÇÖs a bit more of a gamble doing SEO for YouTube vs doing SEO for a written piece.

Yoyo

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I try to release videos regularly. Also trying to improve with every video.