• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review How did I do on this live please?

Glorious

TubeBuddy Pro

yootoober

The voice and subject is good, which is the most important parts. You seem to be a good speaker, contrary to me who stagger and fumbles in my speech. My criticism is that you could improve the video framing, lights and scenography.

As it looks now you are only in 1/6th's of the framing. Place yourself in the center instead and zoom in. The video is also a little dark and some more powerful and correctly placed lights should make it better. Check out "three point lighting". The background is a little bit boring except for the painting. Maybe bring a plant in the picture, candles or whatever you like. Plus adding some background music would be nice. :)

Reactions: Glorious and Eli

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
For starters I would like to say that it is encouraging simply to see you livestreaming at all. I have some critique for you, but regardless of perfecting your stream the single most important part of that process is simply hitting the record button. Everything else can be learned, improved and perfected but not until you actually gather the spine to do it. Kudos!

The number one thing people want from you when you livestream is you. And the 'you' that you present on this stream is lovely. You are calm, you speak in a very calming tone and you obviously have no issues giving a presentation to an audience. That is important, I would say it is THE most important element of a livestream. So where I would be critical is your production. This is a live video stream, and not a podcast. That being the case I would encourage you to improve the visual portion of your stream. Set up a 'staged' area and if you can't move the camera angle then you should improve the background of the area you are sitting. It's too simple. It's too plain. Visual imagery can be improved with lighting, have fun with $30 worth of christmas lights or some can lights. Hang up more pictures on the wall. You just need a little more visual stimulation IMO.

I think that is about it... there are always other areas you can improve but honestly if you were to focus on one thing this would be it for me and I think it is the single greatest area to fix and see a big improvement with. It'll come. have fun with it. Play with it! Try to improve one single thing every livestream and a year from now it will be a totally revamped presentation!

Wandering Soup

User name: Glorious
Title of thread: How did I do on this live please?
Self review: This was my third attempt at a live video on Youbube. I plan to go live every Sunday but think there are arears to improve on. Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/hMvVw8N8sT8

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/33130/

I agree with the above responses, your voice is great and I feel your presence. On the flip side the background is to dark and you aren't centered and the camera is to low. All of these things are easily correctable with: cheap make up lighting kit, a green screen with a more inviting background or possibly light staging and centering yourself in the center of the video.

I will say again, I love your voice and good easily listen to you as I'm going about my day on Sunday. Work on the few things above and I think your LIVES will be well attended.

OP
OP
Glorious

Glorious

TubeBuddy Pro
The voice and subject is good, which is the most important parts. You seem to be a good speaker, contrary to me who stagger and fumbles in my speech. My criticism is that you could improve the video framing, lights and scenography.

As it looks now you are only in 1/6th's of the framing. Place yourself in the center instead and zoom in. The video is also a little dark and some more powerful and correctly placed lights should make it better. Check out "three point lighting". The background is a little bit boring except for the painting. Maybe bring a plant in the picture, candles or whatever you like. Plus adding some background music would be nice. :)

I appreciate your feedback, it's noted. Thanks a lot!

I agree with the above responses, your voice is great and I feel your presence. On the flip side the background is to dark and you aren't centered and the camera is to low. All of these things are easily correctable with: cheap make up lighting kit, a green screen with a more inviting background or possibly light staging and centering yourself in the center of the video.

I will say again, I love your voice and good easily listen to you as I'm going about my day on Sunday. Work on the few things above and I think your LIVES will be well attended.

I will work on everything suggested in the feedback; thanks a lot! I appreciate your comment.

Thank you so much for loving my voice and for your feedback! All taken on board, thanks again.

I'm sure you are great too! I'll take your feedback on board. Thanks

For starters I would like to say that it is encouraging simply to see you livestreaming at all. I have some critique for you, but regardless of perfecting your stream the single most important part of that process is simply hitting the record button. Everything else can be learned, improved and perfected but not until you actually gather the spine to do it. Kudos!

The number one thing people want from you when you livestream is you. And the 'you' that you present on this stream is lovely. You are calm, you speak in a very calming tone and you obviously have no issues giving a presentation to an audience. That is important, I would say it is THE most important element of a livestream. So where I would be critical is your production. This is a live video stream, and not a podcast. That being the case I would encourage you to improve the visual portion of your stream. Set up a 'staged' area and if you can't move the camera angle then you should improve the background of the area you are sitting. It's too simple. It's too plain. Visual imagery can be improved with lighting, have fun with $30 worth of christmas lights or some can lights. Hang up more pictures on the wall. You just need a little more visual stimulation IMO.

I think that is about it... there are always other areas you can improve but honestly if you were to focus on one thing this would be it for me and I think it is the single greatest area to fix and see a big improvement with. It'll come. have fun with it. Play with it! Try to improve one single thing every livestream and a year from now it will be a totally revamped presentation!

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your feedback.

I'll work on it; thanks for your feedback. Cheers!

Thanks for your feedback everyone; it has all been noted and I'll work on each feedback received. Thanks again

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB