• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered accuracy of TubeBuddy vs VidIQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCloud94

TubeBuddy Pro
I've been using TubeBuddy for a while and I do like it a lot.. but what's confusing is that the results / analytics / suggestions are greatly different between TubeBuddy and VidIq...

Which one is actually better and more accurate?
Is there an explanation why for example analyzing the exact same title with TubeBuddy and VidIQ gives completely different results?

I'm sure I'm not the first one asking, but I didn't find any related topics.

Thanks

Reactions: Cheche004

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is kind of like going into McDonalds and asking which is better KFC or McDonalds :p

With no bias, I have found Tubebuddy to be more accurate, my views and watch hours are the same as what YouTube says I have, whereas VidIQ says I have 20000 more views and a lot more watch hours than I do - however, I set a lot of videos to private when I found my niche calling, and maybe VidIQ doesn't take that into account and shows total views not just public views.

I like VidIQ's little quick view analytics doodad (views, subs, etc) on the top of my YT screen and I don't believe TB has that.

As a beginner I preferred VidIQ, but now I am team TB because the tools are so helpful in growing a channel. I try and learn what a new tool does each week - there are so many it was a little overwhelming to start with - some I feel are a bit beyond me still, but I really like the important ones like keyword explorer and the SEO tool.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is kind of like going into McDonalds and asking which is better KFC or McDonalds :p

With no bias, I have found Tubebuddy to be more accurate, my views and watch hours are the same as what YouTube says I have, whereas VidIQ says I have 20000 more views and a lot more watch hours than I do - however, I set a lot of videos to private when I found my niche calling, and maybe VidIQ doesn't take that into account and shows total views not just public views.

I like VidIQ's little quick view analytics doodad (views, subs, etc) on the top of my YT screen and I don't believe TB has that.

As a beginner I preferred VidIQ, but now I am team TB because the tools are so helpful in growing a channel. I try and learn what a new tool does each week - there are so many it was a little overwhelming to start with - some I feel are a bit beyond me still, but I really like the important ones like keyword explorer and the SEO tool.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Totally agree with you I started with Tubebuddy and then got the free version of Vidiq .I think your analogy of KFC and McDonalds explains the point succinctly. From what I notice TubeBuddy is more accurate,I do think both parties analyze their figures differently though.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't know how the other company operates analytically, but long before I was involved with Tubebuddy, I noticed many reporting errors on the KFC end. I don't know enough about the API to speak about how the data is collected and reported, and I don't think anyone here knows about how the other data is collected and reported, so won't be able to speak of why there might be differences. All businesses operate differently, but from my understanding, Tubebuddy works withing the parameters of what YouTube allows with it's API. YouTube have rules on how companies use it's data, and Tubebuddy follows those rules. I don't know how other companies approach things or what they're doing. but I've been very happy with Tubebuddy even long before i ever moderated for Tubebuddy.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

I think this is the most fair third party answer. We at TubeBuddy stand by our tools. However, we always recommend what works for you. Since I think this question has been answered pretty well I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.