• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Need Help to improve the quality of Content

MrLazy

TubeBuddy User
User name: MrLazy
Title of thread: Need Help to improve the quality of Content
Self review: 1. I'm considering to purchase a mic or not. I'm wondering if my voice is enough to do without. (I tried my best to pitch up my voice) 2. I think I'm still not that comfortable in front of camera. (The evidence is the qty of my blink in each sentence) I'm wondering if this bothers much. 3. I'm trying to give my opinion about the current social issues which is related to Korea or Koreans. I'm wondering if this can catch enough attention from people. 4. Other than that, any of honest critique would be really helpful for me as I started only a month before.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/FeD_gNlovNo

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/33030/#post-100319

Volquez Robloxx

Subscriber Goal
Hey, Id definitely invest in a Mic. The right Mic would work best by knowing your surroundings and background noise. Also seek some knowledge on Audio software like (Audacity - Free) for better quality. Hope this helps.

Glorious

TubeBuddy Pro
I heard you loud and clear but if you'd like to improve the quality, it's not a bad idea, as we all have room for improvement. All the best!

• Wow
Reactions: Volquez Robloxx

Eric Chong

User name: MrLazy
Title of thread: Need Help to improve the quality of Content
Self review: 1. I'm considering to purchase a mic or not. I'm wondering if my voice is enough to do without. (I tried my best to pitch up my voice) 2. I think I'm still not that comfortable in front of camera. (The evidence is the qty of my blink in each sentence) I'm wondering if this bothers much. 3. I'm trying to give my opinion about the current social issues which is related to Korea or Koreans. I'm wondering if this can catch enough attention from people. 4. Other than that, any of honest critique would be really helpful for me as I started only a month before.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/FeD_gNlovNo

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/33030/#post-100319
I think you better buy a mic for future movies, beacause content improve is always good for yr channel

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So the good side of things, you say that you're not confident in front of the camera, but I didn't notice any lack of confidence. Maybe the topic itself is a tough and heavy topic to tackle, but you speak clearly.
I'm noticing within 1 minute that your video is victim to what you were already talking about, so I guess the dislikes show it's a decisive topic you were talking about.

The audio could be improved slightly, but overall the audio quality I found to be good. the background music wasn't overpowering, so that was at a good level. perhaps some post production on your audio to get read of the room noise because I could hear some very slight fan or air conditioner noise, but the background music helped to cover it.

Your video quality was quite sharp, but also quite "normal" it looked like you might have been using a logitec c920 to record it. Is that correct?

My biggest suggestion is that it seems your couch is next to a wall. I'd recommend rotating your couch so that it's against the wall, and then record that way as your washing machine, kitchen and clothes rack was distracting and gave the video a very armature unprofessional look. Everything else seemed fine, so that would be easily fixed by simply turning the couch against the wall so that you have a wall to film against instead of your kitchen. I don't necessarily understand the pig toy, but it has a touch of personality, so you can keep that, but I'd definitely work on the background, and again, rotating the couch would easily fix that. I'd also suggest moving the camera slightly over so the couch is more symmetrical.
It's touches like that, that can make a big difference to a video.

I also don't understand the use of the super widescreen format, but maybe that's just an artistic choice you wanted to go with. Just an interesting style to go with.

Overall not bad, but definitely can be improved with those small tweaks on camera placement, and a bit of sound improvement.

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
I watched the entire video :) I heard you loud and clear. but has previous responders said. you can really get a better quality sounding mic to improve your quality. Now they can argue with me about this. But it does not mean you have to buy 200 or 300 dollar mic. I believe you can get a blue yeti for 99 bucks. Which would help your quality a lot. if anyone wants to argue on my mic recommendation if he is on a budget please do not be afraid to tell me i am wrong choosing the blue yeti for budget vs. performance for starting a YT channel. Call me out!

A few more things before I forget, the information flowed FINE, your edits were decent if not good in my opinion no real breakage, clear and loud information with no problems speaking clearly i am basically saying when you spoke you were good you nailed it. Like previous responds I don't really see a lack of confidence at all. There is only one 3 second clip where I could actually hear you get nervous but to be honest with you there is nothing WRONG with that. and the more videos you make it will go away trust me. I never posted myself on YT but I did stream on twitch and I would still be streaming if i had the time or money to back it. unfortunately I had to get a job to support myself twitch was not going to do that for me at the time. but god I would love to go back. But I use to get real nervous then I was to the point of just well throwing the s word with my chat like they were next to me trust me more you do your nerves will stop you will get very comfortable but never let that comfortable make your content less.

SO we covered audio and your nerves, I find this video to be Good, I do suggest one thing and it is very very cheap to do. Buy a neon Green or bright green sheet or a real one this depends on your budget again. I would hang that green sheet behind your couch so you can chroma key in a nice beauitful background instead of seeing your place. Nothing wrong at all seeing your place. But my personal opinion adding a green screen in the back will up the quality and make your video look nicer and add more of an attractive feel to it and the best part you can change it every video or pick your favorite and make it look however you want. hell you can get a chair and sit at a desk and make urself look like your in the oval office if you wanted to. This would really make your quality go way up pleasing to the eye and adding fun to the video flavor if you will and its cheap. I think I spent 10 bucks on amazon to get the right color of green for a green screen if you have a bigger budget then i recommend official set up a real green screen that is already attached to a frame and get a lighting system you can get a lighting system cheap too 100 bucks.

in reality 100 for lighting, 100 for a better mic 20 max for a green chroma color sheet your looking at a 220 investment. But I really suggest the sheet. it is cheap and it can really add to your visuals in your videos.

That being said your video is fine, it sounded very informational, you were perfect talking the facts. once you relax more i think it will even get better it will flow better and you will get your own style on how you want to present the information it will all come to you naturally. just stay in there and keep doing you man. I am only suggesting improvements for gear is all.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your audio. That having been said I would suggest investing in a mic and some sound engineering for your voice. Audio is that valuable.
The next thing I would suggest is to improve your set design. You need to play with your lighting, arrange the area that you are filming in to give it a more dramatic, visually appealing appearance. You want it to catch the eye and keep attention. Currently your video looks a little bland.

Finally I would suggest using some b-roll where you are able to do so. It is a bit more work than just talking to the camera, but the reward is well worth the work. Improving the imagery of your video is sure to increase your retention, which will make a difference on your discoverability in YouTube.

What you are doing is just fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the video content that you are currently making. Everybody needs to be always improving and most everybody needs to continue improving on exactly the same things I told you. So welcome to the group!

Good luck sir and keep up the great work!

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your audio. That having been said I would suggest investing in a mic and some sound engineering for your voice. Audio is that valuable.
The next thing I would suggest is to improve your set design. You need to play with your lighting, arrange the area that you are filming in to give it a more dramatic, visually appealing appearance. You want it to catch the eye and keep attention. Currently your video looks a little bland.

Finally I would suggest using some b-roll where you are able to do so. It is a bit more work than just talking to the camera, but the reward is well worth the work. Improving the imagery of your video is sure to increase your retention, which will make a difference on your discoverability in YouTube.

What you are doing is just fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the video content that you are currently making. Everybody needs to be always improving and most everybody needs to continue improving on exactly the same things I told you. So welcome to the group!

Good luck sir and keep up the great work!
whats b-roll? is greenscreen not good on yt?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
whats b-roll? is greenscreen not good on yt?
B-Roll is secondary footage you can cut to in edit. It's not your "main" content. So just as a (poor) example for a gaming channel. You may have some pre-recorded footage of your keyboard and mouse movements during a kill. On your game stream you show the game and a kill. You intercut your keyboard and mouse movement.

As for greenscreen, I see it as useful when you are doing an overlay and don't want to show a background. But using it to ADD a background seems less effective. You aren't fooling anyone with the fake background. Taking some time to setup some cheap, colored LED lighting, get some posters on the wall, put a shelf behind you with items relating to your channel seems like a better background.

Pips

www.Coffeewithpips.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello- I think this is great! You look very confident, so I don't see any problem there... your editing is good, informative, presence is great. The only thing is that you should invest in a mic, audio is so important, I continue to work on mine. I'm looking at other mics and where I can improve my audio. But overall, this was very nice to view, and thank you for sharing it with everyone.

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
B-Roll is secondary footage you can cut to in edit. It's not your "main" content. So just as a (poor) example for a gaming channel. You may have some pre-recorded footage of your keyboard and mouse movements during a kill. On your game stream you show the game and a kill. You intercut your keyboard and mouse movement.

As for greenscreen, I see it as useful when you are doing an overlay and don't want to show a background. But using it to ADD a background seems less effective. You aren't fooling anyone with the fake background. Taking some time to setup some cheap, colored LED lighting, get some posters on the wall, put a shelf behind you with items relating to your channel seems like a better background.
Depends on content in my opinion but i totally understand what you are saying. I suggest green screens because i know if i was streaming my background is not attractive, maybe if i moved my desk for the camera to face a wall so I can decor the wall based on games I love would be more authentic and real. but right now its a doorway and I just would not want to record a door way behind me. all my friends ask me why i put my set up like i do i tell them because when i walk in i want to sit down i dont want to walk around. lol in my opinion its situational but I do agree with you 100%

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
Your Thumbnail needs some improvement. Maybe make your background music louder. Anyways the video is informative and great. Speak will more excitement would be good to. Keep up the great work

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Depends on content in my opinion but i totally understand what you are saying. I suggest green screens because i know if i was streaming my background is not attractive, maybe if i moved my desk for the camera to face a wall so I can decor the wall based on games I love would be more authentic and real. but right now its a doorway and I just would not want to record a door way behind me. all my friends ask me why i put my set up like i do i tell them because when i walk in i want to sit down i dont want to walk around. lol in my opinion its situational but I do agree with you 100%
I do understand everyone is dealing with different circumstances and part of it is making the best with what you have!

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
I do understand everyone is dealing with different circumstances and part of it is making the best with what you have!
totally with you man 110%
I do not think we are debating or arguing at all we are just looking at one thing with two different perspectives which is the entire beauty of it we can both get something out of it.

I would like to correct myself with my suggestion I do not mean an actual green screen those are expensive. I literally mean anyone doing a video that wants to change their surroundings, buy a green sheet ten or twelve bucks, software and images are completely free. the green sheet might not be professional grade but its a cheap alternative for anyone to access. - B roll would be great as well if not better than my idea completely.

• Love
Reactions: SILTHW