• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Twitter TubeBuddy-like services for Twitter

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Just like I'm using TubeBuddy to figure out how to optimize my YouTube channel, I'd love to know if there is a similar service for Twitter. I feel like I am not using it well and getting out of it what I should be.

Any services similar to TubeBuddy for Twitter? Or do you have recommendations or pointers to good "how to" guides for twitter?

Ruffus

www.clickasnap.com
Subscriber Goal
I've found that Twitter is all about the # and @ so if your doing things at a location tag them in the video and use the # too, its alot like Youtube in the fact that the more you can use # the more people see your post

OP
OP
SILTHW

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
I've found that Twitter is all about the # and @ so if your doing things at a location tag them in the video and use the # too, its alot like Youtube in the fact that the more you can use # the more people see your post
Cool, thanks! I suppose just spending more effort might work for me as well!

Ruffus

www.clickasnap.com
Subscriber Goal
The thing with all social media is that if you use it on a regular basis people will start to follow you, if you have the right tags in use, that goes for all social media, that said it might take a long time for it to make a difference to your watch time and subs

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Constant sharing on social media will help people notice your work and want to check it out. It's also advisable to follow people, comment on their post and the likes. My take

Reactions: Ruffus

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Just like I'm using TubeBuddy to figure out how to optimize my YouTube channel, I'd love to know if there is a similar service for Twitter. I feel like I am not using it well and getting out of it what I should be.

Any services similar to TubeBuddy for Twitter? Or do you have recommendations or pointers to good "how to" guides for twitter?
what's your goal with Twitter? Twitter isn't about analytics or "growth" per say, it's about sharing your thoughts and insight and engaging and interacting with other people on twitter.... and... arguments and debates lol!

I know @Andrew uses something that shows multiple threads of conversation on one window which I'd like to know more about, but there's very little automation or seo.

Actually, even the hashtag # on twitter is semi redundant now as Twitter lets you search phrases as well as #... so for example Daniel Andrews is pretty big in my local news, so if you said anything including the words "daniel" and "andrews", no matter the order, your post will show up just as likely as the #danielandrews would. hashtags are still searchable, but hashtags on trends are better than just general hashtags. Like if I do #art I'm going to have a small chance of showing up among the thousands per minute who use the hashtag #art but if I just shared a drawing and I say something like "this drawing a t rex dinosaur was my attempt at making some art today" then that post would show up under #today #art #dinosaur #trex and #drawing without the need to even use the hashtag. I think this is a more recent thing in the last year or two.

the # is only really relevant on Instagram now as there's no other way of being found on Instagram outside of randomly showing up on browse or recommendation.

On twitter you just want to be saying things that are interesting enough for others to re-tweet, like or comment.

So for example... If I say something cool, and tubebuddy and Andrew re-tweet it... their audiences will see it and POSSIBLY follow me and engage further from my post.
But they don't have to necessarily re-tweet. Sometimes depending on individual settings, people will see things TubeBuddy and Andrew like and comment on, and that liking will show up on other people's news feed, and if they find that same content interesting, they too might follow and engage.

You can't really game the system, you just have to be interesting and engage on a human level. I've seen users use twitter simply to self promote and share their marketing links, and they rarely if ever get any engagement, that kind of stuff is better for linked in. If you do self promote, you want to share human thoughts and interactions as well. There's like a 10% rule when it comes to promotion. 1 post out of 10 can be promotion, but if you do more than 1 post out of 10, it can come across as spam, and no one likes spam (unless the spam is canned)

OP
OP
SILTHW

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
@Beanie Draws Thanks for your thoughts on this. I like your perspective. I think the reason I'm drawn back to twitter is I try and keep my LinkedIn "professional" and I don't do Facebook or Instagram. Not so sure my channel lends itself to Instagram at all. So Twitter seems to a place to put the more personal comments. Last week I decided to try to post about a show on HBO here in the US called "The Vow" and all of a sudden gained followers and got a bunch of retweets. Didn't impact my subscriber count or views directly, but it certainly grew the audience that will see my episode release announcements, etc.

I suppose by tool I was looking for something better than the default interface for really understanding what people are talking about and what's trending.

I wonder if I follow @Andrew if he will follow me back :D