• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Who would you be?

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If you could take over your favourite YouTuber's channel for a day, who would it be? and what would you do? Do you think they have influenced your video style in any way?

Mine would be Safiya Nygaard and I would use her influence to do something that most people don't get to do e.g. go with The Born Free Foundation to release a recused big cat into the wild. I like her kookiness and confidence on screen and I'm trying to be a bit more me in front of the camera now.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If I could take over a channel for a day it would be Front Page Tech. And I say that with the utmost respect for the man considering someone actually took over his channel for a while when someone hacked his channel.

I would try to honor his comedic style by trying my own comedy while sharing the latest tech news of my choosing. I don't know if he has influenced me but I do like comedy in the videos I made before so it's possible.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Since I'm evidently following Brave Starr around the forums... :)

I would totally go for Tom Buck from The Enthusiasm Project because of the wonderfully informative and up beat way he runs his channel and do some gear reviews.

If I can pick another I would go for Trevor James from The Food Ranger and do a Europe run in his style to augment his coverage of Asia.

Somehow they don't seem as noble as Kari's choice!

• Haha
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Brave Starr did they do any damage to his channel or 'just' take over it for a bit?

@SILTHW I'm not sure it's noble, I am a crazy cat lady and would love the chance to get up close with them. A conservation safari is on my bucket list, I just need a raise the funds. That is something I envy big YTers for, they can often make big, amazing videos because they have a bigger budget. Mine is currently more 'I fed a local stray for a week' than 'I adopted every cat in the shelter'.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you could take over your favourite YouTuber's channel for a day, who would it be? and what would you do? Do you think they have influenced your video style in any way?

Mine would be Safiya Nygaard and I would use her influence to do something that most people don't get to do e.g. go with The Born Free Foundation to release a recused big cat into the wild. I like her kookiness and confidence on screen and I'm trying to be a bit more me in front of the camera now.
I could go the easy route and say Mr Beast because of the money, but I'd end up killing his channel with one video, so I'd actually go with Jazza.

I think taking over Jazza's channel for one day would be cool. We are both art, he has all the gear and an editing team already, AND (without tooting my own horn) I think my skills are at a level where with the right team backing me up, I could produce a video up to the same standard as him. We have somewhat similar personalities and we're both Australian.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxNURCjKcio

Actually, fun fact, he already did this once! And could actually be a cool idea for people to do collabs if the niche fits. But I'd feel comfortable taking over Jazza's channel for a day. Then I can just do what I do, and let his editing team manage the rest.

Truth be told, I wouldn't completely write off the possibility of that ever happening either. I've met him twice, I've given him some advice privately when he was going through some mental road blocks, and I see him and I being a bit like PewDiePie and JackSepticEye... they respect each other as humans, rather than subcount celebrities, and while yeah, Jazza has 5 million subs, I don't see the sub count, I just see an Aussie guy who lives a few hours (drive) away from me, who is still genuinely down to earth, hasn't succom to the fame mentality, AND if I were to go on his channel for the day, I'd see it as content rather than destruction, so who knows... watch this space and see if it actually happens in the next 5 years maybe?

• Love
OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Beanie Draws that's a good point, it would be great to see what it's like from their perspective - the pressure to be the best, but also all the help they get. I would love to have my own crew, a cameraperson and an editor would be amazing, then I could just concentrate on what I have to do in front of the camera.
That's a really interesting idea for a collab - win my channel - I think the person would get much more exposure and experience than just a shoutout.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man what a tough question! Do you go big and take over Mr. Beast, PewDiePie or T-Series? Do you takeover the big dogs in your own niche (mine would be BlacktipH, Deer Meat for Dinner or Thresherfishing). Or do you have fun with it and take over the channel of that guy who got you into YouTube in the first place?

I think I'm going to take a different approach and take over the channel of Local Knowledge... their YT fanbase isn't very big BUT my expectation is to get an appearance on their network TV show and hopefully make some friends in the process.

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would like to take over Mr Beast's channel, but I don't think I could do much he hasn't already done and I'd be a poor imitation - but it would be great fun to charter a whole plane and take my son's school class to Disney World for a week. I have taken inspiration from him though and have plans once I start making some money, on how I'm going to give back.
Network television sounds fun, a chance to be seen by a lot of people and pick up a few tricks of their trade that could help your channel. Will we be seeing you on an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians one day? :p

• Haha

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

I'd take over TubeBuddy. That Andrew Kan guy has it coming!

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Andrew a vengeful vigilante, you may have to change your name to Batman - but you're right that bloke has a superhero complex :joy: