• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Banner Feedback How important is the YouTube banner art?

KOTW

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As above, how important do you think it is?

People technically don't find your channel via your art but if they like a video then click through to the channel, will bad channel art put them off subscribing?

Thoughts?

Reactions: amywhite

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Firstly this is not a Thumbnail feedback.

It's a youtube Question. @Moderators Correct me if I am wrong.

Coming to the Answer:
I agree with you but Channel Art ( Banner) does play an Important role. It's not about Subscribing off. Once I like your content and then I won't care how your Channel banner is.
It's about Subscribing on. Drawing attention.

For example, someone asks to look at their channel and give their Channel link. As soon as I open , I get to look at their Channel banner. There are many Channels I loved because of the way they presented their channel to me.

It's about Impression for first timers. .....

Reactions: KOTW

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
A good channel banner can make people more interested in your content, as Lilly said.

Another thing to consider is that channel art can be used to inform your viewers not only what your channel is about. You can include links in the bottom right corner, you can also put your Instagram or so on your channel banner if it's very relevant to the channel.

My personal favourite is to include your upload schedule in the channel art. My uploads used to be irregular since I was still figuring stuff out, but now it's every Friday. So if someone seems my channel and they like my content, they now have a reason to subscribe because they can expect regular content.

Channel art is a detail, but also consider that everyone who takes a look at your channel sees it. It's the single most viewed image of your channel, after your profile picture, so even small improvements can have an impact.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Technically not important at all from a search and discovery standpoint, but they are VERY important from a branding standpoint.
In some areas the audience will NEVER see the banner, but in some other areas (possibly brands?) a well designed banner shows a visual, professional authority. A business trying to present themselves as a professional company, such as realestate, a company that uses youtube to demonstrate products, a professional giving advice on a variety of topics, will want a well designed banner so they look like they know what they're doing.
A company that has a banner that looks like it's been done by a teenager using MS Word would make me question their professionalism. If they can't get their branding to look professional, or can't afford to find a decent designer, why should I trust them to take anything in their business seriously? If they can't afford a decent designer, how can I trust they're good enough in their profession to make any sales/revenue in what they do?

To the vast marority of folks watching it won't matter at all, but on an overall scale, it's a part of the overall image and brand, and it starts becoming very important after a while.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Firstly this is not a Thumbnail feedback.

It's a youtube Question. @Moderators Correct me if I am wrong.

It's ok. I appreciate the inquiry. I changed it to banner feedback and while it's not about an image that was in the post it is a question about channel art and thus we'll let it run on this section.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

People technically don't find your channel via your art but if they like a video then click through to the channel, will bad channel art put them off subscribing?

Thoughts?

I like to think of the banner in the same way a movie poster works. People don't necessarily watch or find a movie because of the poster. It's often because of the trailer. But the poster draws a lot of attention to it as well and a well made poster will make the movie look more professional and in this world today professionalism is a sign of quality.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
People dont always go to your channel page. But when they do it is important to put your best foot forwars and have a professional, subscribable presentation for them.

Reactions: KOTW

amywhite

Thoughts?
Youtube banner is very important when viewers come and visit your page it should be looking decent and pleasant.