• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Need feedback on a new YT channel

heaven1983

User name: heaven1983
Title of thread: Need feedback on a new YT channel
Self review: I just created a YT channel for my daughter three weeks ago. I'd like to pick you guys brains for any feedback on what I need to change, do, tweak, etc. on my daughter's YT channel. Her channel is geared towards kids who likes to watch videos of fun activities and that's why a lot of the thumbnails and other areas in her channel are colorful. Plus, she likes colorful stuff.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK-vjLXc1WJpw1xPB2f9jlw/
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/31297/

CT Gena

First. ItΓÇÖs adorable. With all the playful colors, itΓÇÖs not easy to read the text on the thumbnails from a smaller device. You may want to go with a thicker outline.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @heaven1983,

I took a look at your channel and here's what my thoughts are. The channel actually looks pretty good right off the bat. You managed to hit most of the things you should have on your channel and that's good. One thing I would recommend is maybe a subtitle on your banner, a catchy phrase that will give viewers a better idea of what the channel is. I know you have the art, experiment, and activities words on the banner but the banner doesn't really say what the channel is about. Being a children's channel it would be good to make that a bit more obvious. It can seem like a family channel to some. Not a bad thing but you did say it's geared towards kids. Plus the catchy phrase can become part of the brand. A schedule could also be useful so viewers can know when your next video will be coming out.

These are some of the basic stuff I can point out. Having a children's channel is not easy with all the YouTube restrictions there are these days. If you would like a more in-depth review you can join our Discord server. We have a new even on Fridays called Feedback Friday where Andrew does a livestream on Discord doing live channel and video reviews for our members. It's pretty awesome.

sandybeach

Subscriber Goal
Love your banner and thumbnails are very CUTE! Try and add some buzz words to the thumbnails, people prefer to read them instead of the title :)

Reactions: scottkoz20
OP
OP
heaven1983

heaven1983

Hello @heaven1983,

I took a look at your channel and here's what my thoughts are. The channel actually looks pretty good right off the bat. You managed to hit most of the things you should have on your channel and that's good. One thing I would recommend is maybe a subtitle on your banner, a catchy phrase that will give viewers a better idea of what the channel is. I know you have the art, experiment, and activities words on the banner but the banner doesn't really say what the channel is about. Being a children's channel it would be good to make that a bit more obvious. It can seem like a family channel to some. Not a bad thing but you did say it's geared towards kids. Plus the catchy phrase can become part of the brand. A schedule could also be useful so viewers can know when your next video will be coming out.

These are some of the basic stuff I can point out. Having a children's channel is not easy with all the YouTube restrictions there are these days. If you would like a more in-depth review you can join our Discord server. We have a new even on Fridays called Feedback Friday where Andrew does a livestream on Discord doing live channel and video reviews for our members. It's pretty awesome.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. How do I join your discord server? Thanks.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hello there, I have just been on your channel and watched Expectation vs Reality -Adriana does Super Relatable Funny Relatable situations
It lovely bright and colourful, the children on the banner show diversity of all children. How about adding a child with a disability also may be a child on a wheelchair for example ? (my social worker side of inclusivity is showing lool )
Because it's a children's channel possibly letting the children know what is going to be the next topic might be helpful. Just a quick question do the children understand the wordings for example of this topic?
I smiled throughout the video so I am sure children will love the channel.

OP
OP
heaven1983

heaven1983

First. ItΓÇÖs adorable. With all the playful colors, itΓÇÖs not easy to read the text on the thumbnails from a smaller device. You may want to go with a thicker outline.

On it right now. Thanks for the feedback.

Hello there, I have just been on your channel and watched Expectation vs Reality -Adriana does Super Relatable Funny Relatable situations
It lovely bright and colourful, the children on the banner show diversity of all children. How about adding a child with a disability also may be a child on a wheelchair for example ? (my social worker side of inclusivity is showing lool )
Because it's a children's channel possibly letting the children know what is going to be the next topic might be helpful. Just a quick question do the children understand the wordings for example of this topic?
I smiled throughout the video so I am sure children will love the channel.

Putting a child with a disability makes total sense. Will make the change.

As with the understanding of the word, that's a good question and my answer is yes and no. Will need to take about it. Thanks for the feedback.

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Very colourful thumbnails which I believe to be catchy for children but if I may ask, what's the age range of the children the channel is targeted at? if between 5-9 years, it's just fantastic but if above the aforementioned age, the colours should be reduced a bit to suit them. I will advice you target children withing the age of 8-12 years. All the same, I love the videos as I am also a colour fan.