• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life Is physical book still read?

Abhigyan DMS

Hello everyone

just a question to know what is all of yours' opinion

do you still read physical book?, do you still like to read it in this present digital world?

or do you like to read digital book?

what would you prefer if you were given option?

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just a quick update ! This is not a TubeBuddy Question . If you can change now to ΓÇ£OtherΓÇ¥ Forum , please do it .

Coming to your Question .... I do read ΓÇ£physical books ΓÇ£ . Infact I have not read any Digital Books so far . I buy books .. read them and store them as if they are super new .

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I still like to buy real books. I like the reading experience, and you can put them in a bookshelf or even share it with your friends. I also found that they are very similar in price to buying them digitally, and you can resell them, although you aren't likely to get much for them. But if you buy them used in the first place, they can be really cheap.

I mostly buy non-fiction books whenever I want to educate myself about something. I've got a couple of books on game design and entrepreneurship. But currently, I'm not reading anything. Maybe again, when there's something I want to know more about.

Reactions: Abhigyan DMS

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Stopped reading phsical books when I turned 40. With all the eye issues and stuff to do. I found that I can read anywhere like I am listening to a podcaste. While walking, jogging, on a busy train.
My publisher actually told me audio books are selling more than physical.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I prefer physical books but as a traveler I use my tablet. I have thousands of electronic books on my computer. They are much easier to carry than thousands of real books. And being in my mid-50s I do like the adjustable font sizes of e-books. I miss books.

Can't stand audiobooks. I need visual stimulation not just audio. Same reason I do not listen to podcasts. If there is a YT version of a podcast I may watch one. I joke that as a "real" man I just cannot listen ha ha

Umaimas Cuisine 2

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone

just a question to know what is all of yours' opinion

do you still read physical book?, do you still like to read it in this present digital world?

or do you like to read digital book?

what would you prefer if you were given option?
Yes , they are still read and they are really fun to read

Reactions: digipresence

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the feel of a paper book and find I absorb the information better, but digital is often cheaper, and I have Kindle Unlimited so I read a lot of books for 'free' through that. The great thing about that is as soon as I finish one book I can download the next in series straight away.

As a writer, I have seen my ebook sales have increased a lot more than paperback, the residuals are higher than for paperbacks, and it's a lot easier to sell across the world.

I currently have one autobiography paperback book I'm reading at home before bed that was cheapish in the supermarket and an ebook series I read during my commute or waiting for appts.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I like the feel of a paper book and find I absorb the information better, but digital is often cheaper, and I have Kindle Unlimited so I read a lot of books for 'free' through that. The great thing about that is as soon as I finish one book I can download the next in series straight away.

As a writer, I have seen my ebook sales have increased a lot more than paperback, the residuals are higher than for paperbacks, and it's a lot easier to sell across the world.

I currently have one autobiography paperback book I'm reading at home before bed that was cheapish in the supermarket and an ebook series I read during my commute or waiting for appts.

Curious if you've tried the Kindle Paperwhite? That's the one that finally made me comfortable reading on a device. Paper is reflective and devices are luminescent, so the reading experience is different. The Paperwhite is actually both. You can use it in a reflective mode that makes it as close to the paper experience as possible

Works great unless the book has a lot of pictures or diagrams.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Curious if you've tried the Kindle Paperwhite? That's the one that finally made me comfortable reading on a device. Paper is reflective and devices are luminescent, so the reading experience is different. The Paperwhite is actually both. You can use it in a reflective mode that makes it as close to the paper experience as possible

Works great unless the book has a lot of pictures or diagrams.
Not at the moment, but when I'm travelling I already have a laptop, tablet and phone, so it feels a bit redundant and extravagant having a paperwhite too. It would probably get a lot of use at home though, so maybe I should look into buying one.

wilsonsmith

In an era where technology dominates, the allure of physical books faces competition from the convenience of digital formats. As traditional books age, more readers gravitate towards the accessibility of ebooks. The transition prompts a growing demand for the best ebook writing services, where skilled writers craft immersive digital narratives. While the charm of holding a book may endure, the dynamic shift toward ebooks underscores a modern preference for portability and accessibility. Embracing the evolution, the best ebook writing services cater to a reading audience navigating the digital frontier, ensuring captivating stories find a place in the evolving literary landscape.

Sem33

But there is one disadvantage - there are a lot of books accumulated and nowhere to put them. I've sold books wholesale several times, and I can share my experience. I would recommend paying attention to the BooksRun website. They specialize in overstock books wholesale and offer pretty convenient terms. I like their pricing system and promptness in processing orders. They also offer a wide selection of books in different genres and trends. So, if you have a large collection, this could be a good option.