• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Which app do you use for thumbnails?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I like Snapseed as a quick graphic maker, more for watermarking things for Instagram. However, although it's a paid app, you won't find much better than Affinity Photo/Designer on iOS. It's essentially Photoshop on iOS (unsure if it's on any other platforms) I also like ProCreate.

When it comes to graphic apps. I need something that includes layers, gradients, drop shadows, outer glows and outline controls. Procreate and Affinity Photo let you open .PSD files which is powerful for thumbnail design.

Reactions: Cheche004
OP
OP
Don Alabee

Don Alabee

TubeBuddy User
www.ghananiephotography.com
Subscriber Goal
I like Snapseed as a quick graphic maker, more for watermarking things for Instagram. However, although it's a paid app, you won't find much better than Affinity Photo/Designer on iOS. It's essentially Photoshop on iOS (unsure if it's on any other platforms) I also like ProCreate.

When it comes to graphic apps. I need something that includes layers, gradients, drop shadows, outer glows and outline controls. Procreate and Affinity Photo let you open .PSD files which is powerful for thumbnail design.

all these are mobile apps, yes?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
all these are mobile apps, yes?
They're for iPad so I'm not sure if they're on mobile specifically, but I do know ProCreate (which works with layers) is on mobile as "ProCreate Pocket"

I'm always looking out for new good apps that have the options I'm looking for that are mobile apps. Snapseed is VERY good.

OP
OP
Don Alabee

Don Alabee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
They're for iPad so I'm not sure if they're on mobile specifically, but I do know ProCreate (which works with layers) is on mobile as "ProCreate Pocket"

I'm always looking out for new good apps that have the options I'm looking for that are mobile apps. Snapseed is VERY good.

Ookay, thanks mate. IΓÇÖll check them out see. I use canva, but looking for different ideas, purposely for mobile thumbnail creation.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I use my filmora, just over lap the pictures that I snipped on the screen, add my title then save by cutting it out by snipping. I am good to go. Though I would love a popping hot thumbnail, my audeince just want the rant and the news so am more focused on the title and making sure the picture they see represent the gist. Working for me so far, will invest in app when I hit 10k sub.

OP
OP
Don Alabee

Don Alabee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use my filmora, just over lap the pictures that I snipped on the screen, add my title then save by cutting it out by snipping. I am good to go. Though I would love a popping hot thumbnail, my audeince just want the rant and the news so am more focused on the title and making sure the picture they see represent the gist. Working for me so far, will invest in app when I hit 10k sub.

i love the fact that itΓÇÖs working for you. I think my main problem now is getting catchy thumbnails that will compel people to click on my links. I have very educative videos, but my thumbnails and maybe titles.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
i love the fact that itΓÇÖs working for you. I think my main problem now is getting catchy thumbnails that will compel people to click on my links. I have very educative videos, but my thumbnails and maybe titles.
Just did a quick check on your account. U have beautiful picture taken by you I think. Take photograpy and they videos with the models or photograph taken are lovely Thumbnail they are giving you the view. Wish I can take picture like you do, who needs any thumbnail? or you need is an app that will help you with good title fonts.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Phonto and PicsArt as well as kinemaster for my thumbnails it takes me less than 10mins to do so on my phone. :>
I've also heard of Phonto. I was in one of Jazza (5 million art channel) workshops and he mentioned he used Phonto with his thumbnails.
I didn't know kinemaster was also used for thumbnails? I thought it was specifically for editing? that sounds interesting.

Fudd1985

Subscriber Goal
I use canva it's free and pretty easy to use as iam bad with computers hope this helps

OP
OP
Don Alabee

Don Alabee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use Phonto and PicsArt as well as kinemaster for my thumbnails it takes me less than 10mins to do so on my phone. :>

i will try these two and see. I hope they work for iPhone.

I've also heard of Phonto. I was in one of Jazza (5 million art channel) workshops and he mentioned he used Phonto with his thumbnails.
I didn't know kinemaster was also used for thumbnails? I thought it was specifically for editing? that sounds interesting.

same here, i always thought kinemaster was/is for video editing

Just did a quick check on your account. U have beautiful picture taken by you I think. Take photograpy and they videos with the models or photograph taken are lovely Thumbnail they are giving you the view. Wish I can take picture like you do, who needs any thumbnail? or you need is an app that will help you with good title fonts.

yes IΓÇÖm a photographer and retoucher, so itΓÇÖs easier for me to get lovely pictures. I think what i need now is to put some work on thumbnails

I use canva it's free and pretty easy to use as iam bad with computers hope this helps

good to know, i use canva too

Reactions: Fudd1985

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thumbnails is something I'm not great at making and I don't really have an app or software that's specifically designed to make them and I'm still in school so I'm trying not to have to pay for a software for that. So I just usually make mine using my video editor (Vegas Movie Platinum 16) that I got for my birthday or sometimes I use a website called Pixlr because it's free.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I use Snapseed to do initial edits to a photograph and then use Picsart for overlays.

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
For me, I use Final Cut Pro X and I take a screenshot of my piano covers and put a title on it to create my thumbnails.